Carnival Vista Launch Date

It's my belief, and according to the Carnival web site, Cruise Critic, etc. that May 1st is the first time ever launch date.

I have a friend who is insisting that the Vista has sailed out of NYC and Florida before going to Italy. That she has friends who have sailed on it. Is this possible? I'm having a hard time believing this due to all the publicity, etc. regarding all the brand new cabins design, e.g., Havana cabin area, family rooms, etc. and all the entertainment items. I've also searched the internet trying to determine if this is fact.

From when I've been seeing on JH's videos, it showed the step by step construction at the Italian shipyard this past year or so. Regardless, I am so looking forward to being on this magnificent ship on June 3rd. Of course, with my sense of direction, it will take me several days to find my way back to the cabin without looking at a map.

Vista has never been in North America, period!

I think her friends gave her a crock of lies. She also told me she got some of the info from Cruise Critic! Wrong, wrong, wrong! I hate to argue over a nonissue but I thought I lost a brain/memory cell or two. It's no biggie but, yeah, it irked me somewhat. She's a nice lady so I was surprised that she truly believed this.

I do appreciate your prompt response. Thank you.

i think the problem may be is that your friend is not finding the European cruises on whatever booking site they use and are only seeing the US sailings.

That's what I thought, too. But, no, she was adamant that they cruised in late 2015 and early 2016. As my teenage niece says, whatever....LOL!

Bizarre. It's been pretty obvious that it was being built/finished right up until the second before guests arrived yesterday! Actually they aren't quite done with a kids area. Don't you hate it when people are completely misinformed and totally insistent?!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app