Coral Breeze Rocks!!!

El Guapo

We just returned from our first cruise on RCCL's Enchantment of the Seas. I saw a lot of good and some bad reviews of Coral Breeze on these message boards before we left, but went ahead and booked. It was the best decision I made and resulted in the greatest experience of the entire vacation. I think the complainers are the kind of people who want to be coddled and are looking for something to complain about. And if only 2 or 3 people are there, maybe it's fair to cancel the excursions because it costs the company a lot of money with the high gas prices right now. Paul can let you know by email before you leave how many people have registered in advance.

1. Online registration/deposit was a breeze.

2. Prior to leaving, lots of communication with Paul Shields. Helpful, friendly and quick replies.

3. Easy to find at the pier and VERY accomodating and friendly. I don't know what happened with other posters who said noone was there, but I can tell you that we were the first ones there, then wandered off shopping and held everyone up, and the representatives held the boat and were looking all over to find us! We were embarrassed, but to them it was no problem.

4. Ivar and Henny were wonderful guides. Friendly, talkative. After lunch my wife and I wandered around Caulker Caye with them alone, chatting and having a great time. They enjoyed what they were doing and put in the effort to spot a lobster and moray eel hiding in a rock near Sharkray Alley.

5. Great SNAAAAAKLING, like diving into the aquarium at your local pet shop. You haven't lived until you've felt a ray brushing against your leg or fed chum to a blue tang by hand. Mmmmmmm....chum.......

6. Caye Caulker was amazing. Great food, relaxed, unspoiled caribbean island. The owner of the restaurant is the great grandson of the island's first resident, and Henny is a descendant of one the first 7 families on the island.

Don't pay any attention to the negative reviews, avoid the ship's excursions, and book with Coral Breeze.

Thank you Paul, Ivar and Henny!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Shark Ray Alley tour on 10/12/05, and I have to say ditto to all of your comments. We were on the Enchantment also and booked outside the cruise line because the ONE snorkeling tour they had in Belize was sold out. That was a blessing in disguise. This was a much smaller group and much better snaaarkeling. We were at Goff's Caye two years ago and it was good but this was much better all the way around!

We were on the Shark Ray Alley tour on 10/12/05, and I have to say ditto to all of your comments. We were on the Enchantment also and booked outside the cruise line because the ONE snorkeling tour they had in Belize was sold out. That was a blessing in disguise. This was a much smaller group and much better snaaarkeling. We were at Goff's Caye two years ago and it was good but this was much better all the way around!

I don't think it's fair to lump 'complainers' into a negative category.

Contracts work because each side agrees to them. If it is fair for a tour operator to cancel an agreed upon tour because it is not in their best interests, for ex. 'only 2-3 people', then it is equally fair for a tourist to get out of the agreement because the tour has been shortened by an hour, or the boat is overcrowded (sounds dangerous to me, actually).

One can't have things both ways.

Thanks for your support Linda.:D Sometimes it seems people don't want to speak up even when it is in their best interest.

lfeather, it would be great if you would do a review. I was actually hoping to hear from EL Guapo again. Looks like you were on the same tour. Did you meet him? What a detailed,articulate and glowing review he did. Looks like he registered just to give that glowing review. His one and only post.;) Hmmmm.......

Judy

I thought the same thing when I went to look up his number of posts, Judy.

I guess people can say just about anything they want online. I've seen too many references to "...the excursion of a lifetime" to believe that it's all a fair representation of experiences, so the occasional not so positive review does catch my eye.

The day cave tubing makes my world complete is the day I need to reevaluate things. Heh, jk.

Thanks for suspicions based on the fact I can actually write a well thought out review.:p

There are no other posts for me anywhere because that was my first cruise. Do you want my stateroom number? Some other way I can authenticate myself? I live in Columbus Ohio and have no interest in promoting this company other than to express my gratitude, especially after they could have left us behind at the dock.

The point I wanted to make is these people are extraordinary, and for someone to complain about the people who work for this company, the problem is likely with the complainant.

the occasional not so positive review does catch my eye.

I like seeing negative as well as positive reviews on a given operation. There's no such thing as perfect; every operation is going to have a snafu or issue that leaves a customer dissatisfied. It's just good to know what kind of problems might arise, so as to be prepared for the possibility they'll happen. I can judge for myself whether the complaint by the customer is valid - and some are.

For instance, we plan on booking Coral Breeze next spring, but we'll be the only ship in port that day. Because of the not-so-positive things I've heard about that situation, I now know to ask in advance whether our group number will be sufficient, and if it isn't, what the alternatives are.

Tough crowd on this thread!! Yes, I was one of the "sisters"!! From Colorado the rest of the sisters are from all over the country. I have done many excursions and cruises. So I know a good excursion when I see one. But unfortunately ask 10 people who were on the same ship and you would get 10 different responses as to if the cruise was a good one or not. I think the same thing applies to excursions. I have done the excursion that RCCL offers to Goffs Caye (two years ago on the enchantment) and I have to say the Coral Breeze excursion was much better.

Hi,

we were booked on an excursion through Coral Breeze for our January cruise. I had to change our tours because the family didn't want to do what I thought they woul like. I emailed Coral Breeze and asked for a refund of the deposit. They have had two hurricanes and have been very busy. I got the mail today and there was a cheque from them. They would get my vote for being a People Tour Company. I hope we can some day , take a tour with them.

Brenda

Just back from the VALOR and our cave tubing experience in Belize wity Coral Breeze. Can't say enough GOOD things about this tour, our guide SPEEDY GONZALEZ, and the wonderful lunch they provided. Our intinerary changed several times and they were on top of things all the way. For the price they can't be beat!

Just one thing....it's hard to tube and giggle!:eek:

Archived