Zipline (Canope tour)

slk4485

Hi Looking for info to do this tour possibly thru an independent tour--anyone with any info on this tour I would appreciate your input--Thanks
We're cruising in just about a month and have an independent tour set-up with Charlie Soto .... here's a website with some info .... reviews on CruiseCritic for Charlie have been VERY complimentary, so we're really looking forward to our tour with him.

http://www.nanada.com/tours/

Look at Ports of Call - Puerto Limon - You will see lots of info on Canopy Tours plus much more. And Charlie is highly recommended at that post. WE are booked with him in Nov. Good luck John:)

• 4 weeks later...

KaC-Cruiser & Monijohn,

We have booked Charlie Soto for our tour in April 2006.... Had read so many great things about him on the boards. Please tell him Pennie said hello and give me a review of your tour with him when you get back. Thanks. Have a wonderful time ! ! ! !:)

• 2 months later...

:confused: KaC-Cruiser & Monijohn,

Any review of your tour with Charlie Soto.....did all members of your party do the ziplining as well as the canal? Was he at the dock on time? Would like any input you can offer. Thanks

:confused: KaC-Cruiser & Monijohn' date='

Any review of your tour with Charlie Soto.....did all members of your party do the ziplining as well as the canal? Was he at the dock on time? Would like any input you can offer. Thanks[/quote'] Pennie .... Charlie was at the dock early - no problems. We loaded up quickly and headed out. We ended up with about 42 people booked. We divided into 2 nice buses and headed out on opposite schedules to avoid overloading any one spot. Carlos was our groups guide, and he was extremely nice and very informative. Our group did the zip-lining 1st and about 1/2 of us went. It was an absolute blast. Once finished we had drinks & fruit on the bus, and headed to the canal tour. Harlan was our boat guide - I think we had 8 in the boat. It was nice, saw lots of birds. Next we did the Animal Sanctuary. Quite a few birds, as well as monkeys, sloths and then some regular chickens, roosters, and geese wandering around. We decided as a group to skip lunch and headed directly to the banana plantation. It was very interesting. Makes you really value the bananas in the grocery store - these people work so hard to harvest them! Stopped in town at the store to purchase coffee (Oro brand - is great!) then back to the ship. Some went shopping after that, we went back on board. The other group also seemed to have a great time, and many of us considered the tour & zipping the highlight of our cruise. Hope this helps a bit!!

Kathy....thanks so much, sounds like we are really in for a great time, I figured Charlie would deliver a great tour. Can't wait for our turn to come...about 97 days to go before we leave. The ziplining is something we are really looking forward to. I've been in constant contact with Charlie and he has assured me he will be there to meet us. What time did you met him at the dock? We are suppose to dock at 7:00 a.m. but I understand that would be 8:00 ship time...the ship doesn't change times, is that right? Glad you had such a great time and appreciate you sharing your experience with me.:)

Pennie

Reading the threads on your question is confusing! Charlie is in Costa Rica where they do have the http://www.brisasdelajungla.com Zip line. Just got back and they are very professional and equipment is in excellent condition. At panama they have just started a Zip line around Portebelo. I didn't pay attention to the name but it was just before Portebelo. We were on a tour with My Friend Mario and I am sure he can help you. His e-mail is mario@myfriendmario.com. Have fun.

Archived