Stockholm-icebar

Queenk2

We will be on a Baltic cruise aboard the Constellation next July. Some of us wanted to go to the ice bar. The earliest we would be able to visit the icebar is 3:45pm. Since the visit takes approximately half an hour, and the ship sails at 5pm. Will we have enough time to get back to the ship ? I am not familiar with the location of the icebar and also am not sure about the location of the ship. Can one of you experienced posters offer some time estimates for me. If I could find out from prior cruisers where the ship's shuttle bus stops, how far a walk it would be from the icebar, and what time the last shuttle bus returns to the ship, we would have all the info we need to be sure about getting back in time.

Thank you,

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

The Icebar is in the downtown section of the city. If everything went just right you could maybe do it. BUT, the Icebar only allows so many people in at any time and could be running late. Plus, depending on traffic, you could hit quite a bit of traffic coming back to the ship. Additionally, if it departs at 5 that means you must be on board earlier than 5. It is a very fun experience. Why don't you take a ship provided excursion to the Icebar and leave the worrying to them? It's really worth it.

• 1 month later...

I haven't been to either ice bar but had been planning on a trip to the Ice Hotel for Easter this year. I think the "attraction" of the ice bar in Stockholm is its accessibility - much easier to reach than the one at the Ice Hotel, especially from a cruise ship. :D I believe it is owned by the same people as the one at the hotel.

We did this cruise last year and did the ship's tour to the Ice Bar. They more or less take over the Bar for the passengers so this was the only and easiest way to do it. You get well looked after, taken there along with a guided tour of the Old Town, supplied with furry parkas and mittens and you have a choice of drink - you also get a mini tour inside. This is by far the easiest way to do it and there is no worry that you will miss the ship. It was great fun and the whole bus load of us had a fun time.

Marge M.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.icehotel.com/english/index2.htm

An alternative is a visit to the Ice Gallery operated by the same folks. It's located in the Gamla Stan (Old Town of Stockholm) and you can pop in anytime during the day that's convenient for you. We found this option preferable over the Bar for expanding our time exploring Stockholm.

Archived