American Express Platinum Priority Check-in

timonier

Hi Tim,

We have booked two cruises on the QM2 using our AE Platinum Card. The first a crossing from Southampton, the second originating in New York. We have received priority check in on both trips. Nice perk!

Hi,

Does anyone know. or better yet, has anyone used their American Express Platinum Card to gain priority check-in on the QM2 out of Southampton?

Just wondering?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

sailed from nyc 3 times on the 2 queens . amex platinum certainly has many advantages especially from the world club, in addtion to priority checkin there are special discounts. the last cruise we took was unexpected but thru world club amex platinum passengers were offered p-2 if you purchased b-3 cat which we booked immediatley and was again upgraded to a p-1. also on another occasion we had a complaint regarding the handling our reservations and recieved a $ 500 unexpected credit. when cunard is good they are very good but when they are bad they are awfull. best regards to all

Are you guys talking about Amex US or UK?

I have American friends with the cards and they seem to get all these deals. In the UK we get much less. Because UK TAs tend to surcharge the Amex cards, I often end up using a Visa when booking so I don't know if that is the reason.

One time I booked with the Amex travel service I did get put up three grades, however the friend I was travelling with is a doctor so we thought that was the reason, not Amex.

Are you guys talking about Amex US or UK?

I have American friends with the cards and they seem to get all these deals. In the UK we get much less. Because UK TAs tend to surcharge the Amex cards, I often end up using a Visa when booking so I don't know if that is the reason.

One time I booked with the Amex travel service I did get put up three grades, however the friend I was travelling with is a doctor so we thought that was the reason, not Amex.

my platinum card is a usa issue,jon see my other response to a thread about the platinum card from a gent named ryanbest regard jim

Cunard would upgrade because someone had Dr. in front of his/her name?

David.

Cunard would upgrade because someone had Dr. in front of his/her name?

David.

no dr in my name and i dont think there is any rhyme or reason for upgrades except that high volume travel agents or agencys may recieve more upgrades. best regards to all

• 4 weeks later...

I have never heard of priority check in for Amex holders - although I don't have a platinum card I hardly think they'd give benefits to platinum that aren't available for Centurion. It's the sort of thing I'd notice so I guess it is an American thing?

Not that it worries me - I qualify for priority anyway so I don't need it twice.

Archived