Miami advice?

We're going on FOS 01/07/07. Wondered if anyone had any tips on how to make embarkation goes as smoothly as possible. From what I've read about the AOS, Puerto Rico can be a nightmare. So, thought I would plan way ahead for Miami.

We're going on FOS 01/07/07. Wondered if anyone had any tips on how to make embarkation goes as smoothly as possible. From what I've read about the AOS, Puerto Rico can be a nightmare. So, thought I would plan way ahead for Miami.

We are also on the AOS in January and have heard the same comments about embarkation. We do have priority embarkation because we are in a Grand Suite - however I still anticipate a bit of a wait.

We cruised out of Miami last year in February and embarkation was a piece of cake - once again we were in a suite so we waited in the lounge and had cookies and lemonade until we were able to board. We were in the Windjammer having lunch by 12:45pm :)

Miami is great to sail out of, I have gone out of there for six cruises and no problems. I always go down a day in advance though. We stay at the intercontinental right there by the port. We usually call the pier to see if they have started boarding, if not we just hang out in the hotel room. When they are ready to board we are only a 5 minute taxi cab ride away!

Archived