Sailing in October

I've been looking into cruising on Valor in October. Ports of calls are: Nassau and Half Moon Cay. I've sailed twice before on the Sensation; last cruise was in Sept. 2014 and the weather was fine at the time but ya never know. Not really interested in doing Nassau again but wanted to try HMC.

What is the weather like during October? As in would the water be cold?

Is renting a cabana worth the money? It would just be the hubster and I. We're all about just wanting to relax.

Any other advice/suggestions would be appreciated...:)

I've cruised several times in October and had beautiful weather each time. Water temps should be fine!

I've never done a Cabana in HMC, but if we go back I'm definitely gonna do it! They look awesome and totally worth the money. Of course relaxing shouldn't be an issue in HMC either way. We found some hammocks in the shade and could've stayed there all day!

We cruised out of NYC Oct 2014 to Nassau, Grand Turk and Half moon cay. We got the cabana. was nice to have the table/chairs/cushioned loungers. Its set up for 4 ppl so you get 8 sodas, 2 large waters, chips, dip and fruit. Also has an a/c unit in the back and a misting fan for the front. You get 4 mats to float/sit on the water and snorkel gear.

I just booked for Oct 2017 and i told my daughter that we can just find lounge chairs near the shade. She said no, she likes the idea of the cabana and definate shade lol.

my friends and i liked the cabana. yes, expensive at $230. We actually split it with another couple we met through our roll call. We already had it booked, but we shared and saved some money.

They also have the 2 story ones, $500. up to 8 ppl.

Edited by jks336