do the dividers on miracle balconies open up

We are looking at booking 2 extended balconies on the Miracle, do the dividers on any of the balconies open up? We are hoping for the rear facing cabins, but it could change our minds if they don't but others do, we did this a few years ago on one of their other ships with 4 balconies and it made the space so much bigger.

If they do, is it this way on most of their ships? We know miracle may be in China by that time, so we'll be on a different ship then - thx!

We are looking at booking 2 extended balconies on the Miracle, do the dividers on any of the balconies open up? We are hoping for the rear facing cabins, but it could change our minds if they don't but others do, we did this a few years ago on one of their other ships with 4 balconies and it made the space so much bigger.

If they do, is it this way on most of their ships? We know miracle may be in China by that time, so we'll be on a different ship then - thx!

Miracle's dividers do open and secure to the railing, at least on the regular balconies. Not sure about the rear facing rooms.

Well that's good news, we fell in love with the rear facing cabins, but with so few available we may not get them anyway, and opening up the dividers may be more important to our friends - thx!

There are a limited # of clamps available so someone from both cabins needs to go to GS as soon as you board to make the request.

Oh, I was going to ask if there's some way to know which ones will open so I know which ones to ask for - how is that shown? I know how to tell which cabins are connecting, are those the same that have opening dividers? Will definitely confirm with my PVP. Thx!

Oh, I was going to ask if there's some way to know which ones will open so I know which ones to ask for - how is that shown? I know how to tell which cabins are connecting, are those the same that have opening dividers? Will definitely confirm with my PVP. Thx!

On all the Spirit class ships the dividers open and secure to the balcony railing, all they block is some of the view. On other class ships they secure to the bulkhead and if they block the door from the balcony to the cabin they won't open them.

Connecting rooms do not always have connecting balconies.

Here is a link to look at Carnival's description of the rooms with information about connecting balconies:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3160

Good Luck!

Fred and Rod, thanks, I am definitely getting my Carnival education today! I have cruised on Carnival 6X over the past 30+ years, but never paid attention to the classes, just booked the itinerary/price that we wanted, and that was the ship we were on. I will save that link and I really appreciate all the help!

Well that's good news, we fell in love with the rear facing cabins, but with so few available we may not get them anyway, and opening up the dividers may be more important to our friends - thx!

We love aft cabins as well, but you get more functional balconies on the extended balcony due to its lack of the slant on the railing. We were on the Miracle last summer with an open divider between our two extended balcony rooms and it felt like having a third cabin. Our family of 8 used that space to its fullest (the kids even slept on the deck a couple times).

You may have changed my mind about the rear facing then, more balcony space is important, realizing too we had the corners last time so more space anyway, the one next to us was small, so now to find out which ones are the best/worst on the sides, good thing I have a long time to research! Thanks, solongshakespeare that's very helpful to know.

You may have changed my mind about the rear facing then, more balcony space is important, realizing too we had the corners last time so more space anyway, the one next to us was small, so now to find out which ones are the best/worst on the sides, good thing I have a long time to research! Thanks, solongshakespeare that's very helpful to know.

IMHO, the BEST extended balcony on a Spirit class ship is 7258. Check out the deck plan, the balcony goes all the way behind that blank space on the deck plan. The balcony is 6 ft. deep and approx. 25 ft. long. We've had it before it was AMAZING !!!

WOW! I had looked at that one on the deck plan and wondered if that was all balcony, I bet that one goes fast! I will have to write it down too, even if our other cabin is just an extended, this one is big enough for all 4 of us to hang out on. Thanks!