Urgent !! On Victory Now !!

IrishBoy

Hi

I am on Carnival Victory now in San Juan..I Know I know Lucky *****. I need to find out where the planes land over the beach, is it St Thomas or St Maarten and what beach ? and the quickest way to Oriental beach from port. I had the info printed but lost it along the way !! I will check the boards now but if anyone can post I can check tomorrow in St Thomas I suppose.

All the best to you land lubbers, ship ahoy.

Gerry

Formerly Dublin

Now on the High Seas.:confused:

Well, there is one main road that kind of circles St. Maarten/Martin. If you take it northeast, along the east side of the island, that will take you to Orient Beach quickest, maybe 20 minutes. However, if you want to see the planes land at Maho Beach, that is the other way, to the West. If you continue around the island that way, you will go thru downtown Marigot, which can be congested, especially at rush hours. I think it took us about 45 minutes, not including stops, to get to Orient that way. Man, am I jealous. It's a toss up between Coz and St. Maarten as our favorite port. Mostly because of Orient Beach. It is, hands down, the most beautiful beach I have ever been to, and I live 5 minutes away from some of the best around. When we were there, we seriously contemplated staying and letting the ship sail without us.

Maho is what you are looking for. We wanted to go there when we were on the Victory. We talked to a cab driver who was more than willing to take us but he said it might be a bit tricky to get back to the ship on time as Maho beach is on the other side of the island. We choose not to chance it, but maybe the traffic isn't as bad this time of year. Let us know if you decide to go and be sure to take pictures. (If you do decide to go, I'll be jealous :rolleyes: .)

We loved the Victory. Have fun,

Gayle

Archived