Private excursions

vlf467

We only do private excursions, great way to go. Do some research on Ochi in the port forum or TA, and get some ideas as to what would be fun for you. If going to a popular activity like Dunns River, get an early start with your guide and head there first and avoid the crowds. We love leaving as the buses arrive in the parking lot. Have fun.

We only do private as well, especially on the islands. If you stick with an operator that is well known with a good reputation you'll be fine. Marva Shaw is another good option there.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We used Marvyn's Paradise Tours on our last MSC Divina cruise in 2014 and loved it! We actually docked in Falmouth back then, but he picks up from all over. Our driver was Courtney and he took us to the Blue Hole, Bamboo Blu beach, shopping, lunch, and stopped at a roadside fruit stand so we could get some guineps. It was just my DH and I on this excursion and he says it was the best excursion we did. We will be using Marvyn again for our cruise next year.

We generally have taken ships tours but do not see much to choose from in Ocho Rios Divina cruise. We are a group of 25 age rangine from 10 to 80. Dunns River falls may not be the best for some to climb so looking for a private tour to something all can enjoy. Other scenic tour? Plantation? Good views? Suggestions please on tours and good reputable and safe tour operators. TIA

First off, I did a lot of research and questioning people. After collecting the information, we decided to do a private tour with MARVYNS PARADISE TOURS. I wrote several emails with questions an he always got back to me quickly. This tour company has a very good reputation and comes highly recommended. I set up a private tour(which you can design any way you want) and you have pickup and dropoff included as well as a personal guide that stays with you the whole time. Just look him up on Google and take a look. For pricing you must email him. Good luck!

Here is what we got:

Private tour for 4 persons for $120( that's $30 per person)

Includes pickup and drop off...guide stays with you the whole day.sightseeing, shopping and whichever excursions you choose(you pay those fees separate)

We chose THE BLUE HOLE AND SECRET FALLS $15 per person and

Lunch($10) at Scotchies(authentic jamaican food). We wanted something relaxing and this fit the bill. So it turns out to be $55 per person. Your guide picks you up 30 minutes after docking and brings you back 45 minutes before leaving or earlier if requested. I just sent him an email asking about pricing and he asked me what we were interested in. They customize your tour for you! Good luck! ($22down payment required to hold reservation. The rest to be paid after tour is completed in cash)