Adventure Ocean Questions

larkwind

Im travelling on Freedom next october and was wondering if anyone has experience of travelling with a two year old? Will i be able to get a babysitter everynight easily? Is there any way im going to be able to spend time with my husband without my little one (not that i dont love him !!!!)

On othre cruises i have been on they had baby listening in the room - you could put them to bed and then dial your room from any phone on the ship to listen in? Anything like that?

Any info would be welcome !

Penny x

Hi,

I will be cruising with a group of friends in January and I am concerned about my four year old daughter and the Adventure Ocean Club. The other kids in our group are between six and seven, will my daughter have to go by herself or will they up her to go with the six year olds?

my experience with AO is that your 4yr old little girl will have to be in the 3-5 yr group. They will not let her go up with the 6-8 yr old.

Now after saying that. I guess it would not hurt to ask the counselors when you get onboard BUT, it has never happened to me. I've heard that sometimes if the ship is not really busy with a certain age group and your child it just about to turn 6 (for ex.) then they'll let him/her move up.

She will love AO and she will love being with her age group. Go and enjoy your cruise

Linda

Last Dec we took our then 3yo on a Millenium cruise and there weren't many kids so they grouped them in larger age groups (3-8 and 9-?? or something similar). The little ones did activities in the Fun Factory and the older ones were off together. It's possible that might happen on a Jan cruise to you. Otherwise, I would definitely keep the 4yo with her own group--she'll have loads more fun and the older kids won't have to accomodate her shorter attention span, abilities, etc. They may love her 'all to pieces', but they'll have more fun on their own.

That said, we only left ours in for a couple hours at a time in the am and afternoon and pm. He loved it, but needed some regular downtime with us--we only had one meltdown all week and lots of quiet fun. We took bubbles to blow from the balcony and a blank Little Golden Book (Walmart $5) to paste each day's postcards into ("Andrew's Trip on a Ship" is a great memorybook now). Don't take too many toys--you won't need them and may be able to borrow one or two from AO if needed.

He's more excited than our (much) older kids about this next cruise--Jewel in Jan; his second, their first!

Have fun--the crew loves the little ones ('cause theirs are all back at home) and it gives them joy to please the toddlers. Our waiter insisted on french fries for Andrew every night...so we let him pamper to his heart's content.

Archived