Gem upgrade?

Aimeef12

So here's what happened! I booked an inside guarantee Sunday online immediately after they told me on the phone it was sold out!! Still haven't been assigned a room now ocean views are sold out!!!! Is it possible that I will be that lucky and get a balcony ? Ship sails Saturday!! Any one experience similar?

So here's what happened! I booked an inside guarantee Sunday online immediately after they told me on the phone it was sold out!! Still haven't been assigned a room now ocean views are sold out!!!! Is it possible that I will be that lucky and get a balcony ? Ship sails Saturday!! Any one experience similar?

Check your edoc, your room may be listed on these documents

GTY assignments are released with specific stateroom as late as day of arrival at the pier ... what ship/ITN ? Is it the GEM out of NYC, I just looked at one of booking sites (CC rules, not allowed to mention name) - there's now Oceanview GTY available as well as Balcony GTY ;)

I would say, you might get super lucky in scoring a double upgrade free, but my guess from experience is, better odds, that you might end up with possibly an OV upgrade if Insides are all fully assigned - while they might move someone else waiting for an OV GTY up to possibly Balcony GTY ... sort of music chairs being played out in the final days before sailing, as the "Upsell Fairy" is pretty busy these days.

Now, don't rule out the possibility that someone (with an Inside or OV booking already assigned) else will call in & upsell themselves for that Balcony, paying a discount for the upgrade - thus, releasing their "old" stateroom as previously assigned into the inventory ... and, bingo, NCL moving you into that stateroom, somewhere on the ship sailing this Saturday.

Keep checking your MyNCL dot com, as it might be there later today or tomorrow - worst case, they will assign at the pier on Saturday upon checking in. Good luck !

P.S. We got super, super lucky - totally not expecting, last year on the Breakaway, an OV GTY - thinking of deck 5 (lowest) and ended up with Balcony (BC category) - deck 10 FWD (all the way) - free & came with lots of daily walking exerecise routines, minimal motion for us even with 15' seas.

I am keeping my fingers crossed!! For the price I paid I cant even complain with a low deck inside room, thats how good the deal was!! I am still hopefull for a nice upgrade!! We will see, still nothing yet! lol

Low deck inside rooms are actually sought after by seasoned cruisers

It's a well known fact among seasoned cruisers that a low mud ship cabin doesn't feel the sway as much as say a high forward balcony will

Others will dispute this now and tell you of the wonderful forward cabin they had and that is also correct but trust me

Low mid ship is perfect

Low deck inside rooms are actually sought after by seasoned cruisers. It's a well known fact among seasoned cruisers that a low mid ship cabin doesn't feel the sway as much as say a high forward balcony will. Others will dispute this now and tell you of the wonderful forward cabin they had and that is also correct but trust me. Low mid ship is perfect

Hush, letting the cat out of the bag :D - part of the reason we would NOT sail in Haven high above, forward or aft - especially when there's always a chance of running into 30' or 40' seas on any given crossing, getting tossed around at meal time & all night long, (up & down, and sideways ... no thanks.)

We leave next Sunday on the Breakaway (actually, would've loved to sail the GEM for a change & see her post dry-dock, been on BA twice) ... Bermuda is what's appealing to us, not the ship this time for us - scored a super low, non-rack price - sailing with another couple next door. We selected this time (normally, couldn't care less - GTY staterooms somewhere on the ship is fine for us) Deck 5, mid-ship near AFT elevators, close to MDR's and all the smoky actions that we can just walk up the stairs easily to, with the lateral Atlantic crossing. Not worried about a dark, windowless room as we bring along our bright LED night lights.

Do let us know & share if you score a nice one for this weekend's sailing, happy cruising :D Good luck !

Just got an upsell email and caked the upsell dept, I'm currently in a mini-suite (which i booked dirt cheap , no promos though) and they want an additional 500 pp for a balcony penthouse.

Just got an upsell email and caked the upsell dept, I'm currently in a mini-suite (which i booked dirt cheap , no promos though) and they want an additional 500 pp for a balcony penthouse.

I am sailing out in 10 days and bought Balcony GTY. From my past experience NCL is extremely greedy for any upgrades (maybe others got more lucky) so I only hope that my balcony will not be fully obscured by a lifeboat or located under the Disco...

Edited by sleepybubba@gmail.com

Just got the assignment ... have an Ocean view picture window ... not bad but I will call tomorrow and see if I can get something even better... not complaining if i cant lol

Nice, call the upsell department