Marriott - Ft. Lauderdale or Hollywood Beach

rocks

Hi!

I have stayed at the Marriott Marina in Ft. Lauderdale and I am wondering if the new one that opened on the Hollywood beach is as nice.

We grabbed a HA promotion where we sail on the Zuiderdam (12/3) and then they put us up at a hotel for a night then come get us to sail on the Westerdam. The ad said the hotel would be the Pier 66 Hyatt (in small print "or simular hotel") but TA just called and said people were complaining about all the noise & dirt so they changed us to the new Marriott in Hollywood Beach. I thought since the pool would be opened sometime in Nov. and since we would be there on a Sat. that the construction noise wouldn't be an issue.

Also wondering if the Water Taxie goes down to Hollywood Beach area. Any really good restaurants someone could recomend?

THANKS in advance!

rocks

While the Hyatt would be my first choice, the Marriot is brand new situated directly on the ocean. Theres a 2.5 mile broadwalk that extends to the north and south of the property. Walk north and your in a park, walk south and you come upon shops and restaurants. Restaurants are plentiful and within walking distance (yes, the area is safe for walking). Some suggestions, Taverna Opa or Giorgios, would be my first choice http://www.tavernaoparestaurant.com/La Tub http://www.southflorida.com/nightlife/17964,0,5709080.venue, Flickerlight are nearby. Nicks on the broadwalk is a real local bar with pretty good food.

I think you'll want to eat at the Marriott Hotel though. The restaurant menu is unlike any Marriott property I've stayed at. The outdoor cafe is great for people watching or staring into the deep blue see. ;)

The water taxi doesn't go to the HB Marriott yet. They're going to build a marina in the future with plans for a water taxi stop.

I always wanted to stay at the Hyatt & am a little disappointed; but maybe it will be best & we will get to explore Hollywood Beach. Do you think the Hyatt will be too messy & noisy around 12/10?

Thanks for the links to the restaurants!

rocks

I always wanted to stay at the Hyatt & am a little disappointed; but maybe it will be best & we will get to explore Hollywood Beach. Do you think the Hyatt will be too messy & noisy around 12/10?

From what I've heard and read, the pool renovations should be completed by the end of October.

Archived