Cruise Cash Question

BellaSweet

My boyfriend and I are sailing Pride in October and I have a question about Cruise Cash.

We are booked to the same room, under my name. We would like to keep our finances separate on the ship. Is it possible for us to each have our own Cruise Cash? I've never used CC before and didn't know if it could be assigned to a single person or if it was assigned under the room.

Thank you for helping a new-ish cruiser out!

When you buy Cruise Cash, whether online or by phone, you state who it is to go to. So you can buy for yourself or for someone else. There will be a notice in your cabin stating the amount of each purchase. Don't forget CC is considered non refundable. Have you thought about buying Carnival Gift Cards? They are an easy way to save, just have to keep up with them and bring them with you. If you buy CC make sure they send you an email confirmation and bring it with you just in case there is a mixup.

Good..Thank you for your responses. I will also look into the gift cards. I'm not planning on putting a lot on my CruiseCash account..maybe $200 to help cushion the blow at the end of the trip :)

Good..Thank you for your responses. I will also look into the gift cards. I'm not planning on putting a lot on my CruiseCash account..maybe $200 to help cushion the blow at the end of the trip :)

I use Carnival gift cards to help cushion the blow.

Just wanted to say that you can set up separate S&S accounts in the same cabin. The Sign and Sail account is what will be linked to your Sign and Sail card. The cards will let you in the same cabin, both will work to open the door, but if you have set up separate S&S accounts, it will be charged accordingly. For instance, if you have separate S&S accounts, if both of you are at a bar and order a drink, you each hand your own S&S card to the server, and your drink will go on your card, his drink will go on his. When I travel, my wife and I each have our own S&S card, but the S&S accounts are linked, so no matter which one of us purchase a drink or both drinks, it all goes on the same S&S account.

Having said all that, if you set up separate S&S accounts, you can apply the Cruise Cash to your S&S account only. Cruise Cash can be purchased from the Fun Shops in advance of your sailing, and will be automatically applied to your S&S account as OBC (On Board Credit).

Edited by reerun25

I am a big fan of cruise cash. It allows me to prepay for those incidental charges that are not included in cruise fare. I love because even if you get OBC for other reasons, the Cruise cash is always used first. It's good when I anticipate nbr of drinks, specialty dining & gratuities. By the time I board, everything is already paid for. I love it! :p The previous poster is correct, just make sure that you get that confirmation email and have it with you when you board. BON VOYAGE!!

We are considering doing cruise cash and have done it before so I just want to make sure I understand how it works. I do understand that it is no refundable but once I buy it does it automatically apply to my sign and sail or do I add it when we board. We would like for it to add some to both mine and my husbands cards. What is the best way to do this....Call or purchase online? :confused:

Carnival gift cards just seem so much easier to use then Cruise Cash. Just apply them to what ever account you want when you open a "cash" account. This can be done at guest services. Then you don't have to worry about separate accounts til you board.