Periscoping & Live Review from independence of the sea's

Today we were in Barcelona. We didn't go into the city centre, one because we have been before and two we had the little one with us on this holiday and we wanted to take her to the beach.

After breakfast in the Windjammer we headed off the ship. Once out there was a taxi rank and the driver suggested the Olympic beach (I may have spelt that wrong) it was a beautiful beach and extremely clean. I will post some pictures soon. The little had a great time but for the first hour and a half would not let her feet touch the sand, I was the same her age lol. But after a while she got used to it and had a wonderful time. We stayed for just under three hours. The taxi driver came back for us and took us back to the ship.

We ate lunch in the Windjammer then the wife and little one had a snooze. I played golf and basketball on the sorts deck and also did a couple of periscope's.

Evening meal was in the main dining room then a quick drink in the pyramid lounge to end the day. The sea is currently a little rough do the ship is rocking and rolling.

Tomorrow we are in Nice. I will post pics of today shortly [emoji4]

Thank you for the scopes and pictures - it's all looking great.

I see that you are tendered in Nice today - I thought the intended anchorage was next door at Villefranche but Mein Schiff 3 is there instead. Was this a late change? Only concerned as we are due to visit Villefranche on Indy and it may mean slight changes to travel plans if we are likely to end up in Nice.

Thanks

Max

Hi Max, I have no idea if it was a late change I didn't even realise until we got off the ship and went exploring lol. I must say I am pleased we are in Nice because it is a beautiful beautiful place. I will post some pics later.

Hi all. Yesterday we were docked in Civitavecchia. There were a number of trips to Rome if people choose to do that. With the little one we didn't fancy the journey to and from Rome. We had breakfast in the Windjammer then headed to deck one to explore Civitavecchia. After leaving the ship there was a free shuttle taking passengers from the port to just outside of the port. Yes you heard me right A FREE SHUTTLE. This shuttle is not provided by Royal Caribbean but the Italian authorities.

Civitavecchia was not as beautiful as Nice and we were bombarded by taxi drivers, street sellers etc as soon as we left the port ( not good ) We eventfully found the beach but I have to say it was the worst beach in the world, no sand just huge rocks and the smell was not good. On a plus side we managed to find a mini fair and playground for the little one and she had a great time.

We ended spending around 2 hours off the ship. Up on our return we headed to the H2O Zone and spent the rest of the afternoon there. The weather was beautiful and we all topped up our tans and played with the little one.

Because the little one slept late we ended up eating in the windjammer again for the evening meal and our Main Dining waitress was there. She said she had been asked to help out at the windjammer because it was so quiet in the main dining room. I had said earlier I felt the main dining room food wasn't as good etc and I guess here is the price others feel the same. The windjammer was really full.

After dinner we headed off to the pyramid lounge and there was an excellent band on but I can't remember their name. (sorry)

We are crushing today. I will post a few pics of Civitavecchia later and also try to periscope later.

Have a great day all. [emoji4]

No wonder you didn't like Civitavecchia, it is just the port of Rome. Exploring Civitavecchia is something that nobody in Italy would ever think about doing.

We live and learn [emoji106]🏻. Although there was a huge amount of crew looking around also.