Chop's or Portofino's? Which is Better?

Base on info from this board, we did Portofino's. I can't imagine a better meal. Food and service were both fantastic. We both had the filet, and the knife went through it like butter. Almost made it hard to go back to the main dining room.

We tried both Chops and Portofinos on Brilliance. My personal favorite was Portofinos. There was a better selection of foods. Chops had about 8 cuts of steaks, pork chops, salmon, or chicken. Portofinos had several pasta selections, sea foods, meats, chicken, vegetables. Service at both restaurants was incredible.

- We ate at both restaurants.

- Exceptional service at both.

- We preferred Portofino's to Chops ... the steak was cooked properly.

- I would recommend the asparagus soup with smoked trout (yum!) for starters. Actually, I would recommend two bowls.

Chops was excellent, i had the Prime rib, and it was huge, and very tender. Portifino was excellent also and they had the best desserts. The Tiramasu

was the best. I can make Italian, at home anytime. So i enjoyed Chops very much. For $20. it was worth it. Very good food ,relaxing and quiet!!!

We did both, Chops twice.

I felt the food was about the same at both, DH preferred the food at Portofino.

We both felt that service was excellent at both, but even more so at Chops.

We wanted to eat anywhere but the main dining room the last night (don't worry, we stopped in earlier and gave the servers their tips!) and asked the concierge to get whichever she could for us. Chops was what she could get.

Anne

i believe that it depends on the type of food you want. If your a steak eater than Chops would be for you. If you prefer italian then it's Portofino's. From what I've heard they are equally outstanding just depends what your craving. I've personally have only eaten at Portofino's but I can tell you that it was incredible from start to finish.

I loved both when I sailed the Navigator for my honeymoon.

Probably the BEST steak I have ever eaten in Chops.

Every single item I ate in Portifino was PERFECT.

The service in Portifino was better than Chops though...but both were exceptional.. Portifino just went smoother.

If you could only try one of the alternative restaurants, which would you chose? If you've eaten there, what was particularly delicious?

Why are you making life so difficult and making us make a choice.LOL. I ate at both and I think you should also. Life is to short to miss such a fantastic treat. I say go for both. There will be no regrets.

Why are you making life so difficult and making us make a choice.LOL. I ate at both and I think you should also. Life is to short to miss such a fantastic treat. I say go for both. There will be no regrets.

I'm convinced...will just have to try them both :D Thanks everyone.

If you like meat more than pasta go for Chops. I've had both a few times and find them both excellent but the beef and lamb were very good at Chops....

Have a great time.........

Back on the sea Jan 28 2006 Radiance of the Seas...............................

forgot to mention...I'll be sailing on the Brilliance this October 30th.

We sailed on the Brillance and ate in both restuarants (Jan 05) and we found Chops to be far better then Portofino's. We ate at Portofino's on the Adventure last month and thought the food at that Portofino's was much better then on the Brilliance.

So my advice to you, since you are going on the Brilliance, is to eat at Chops. It was the best piece of meat that I have ever had and I have eaten at the best steak houses in NYC!

niu88, Did you say you had a Filet Mignon at Portofinos? We have been batting back and forth about this for a while. I will not be satisfied untill I get my filet. However 1 person in our party wants to eat at Portofinos. Your answer will be greatly appreciated and end months of debate:eek: . Thanks

I have dined in Chops on three ships (one time each) and Portofino's in two ships (total of six dinners).

Chops was good but for me, Portofino's is the best! I love the halibut with lobster ravioli and the wonderful starters. I have it every time as it is just so fresh and perfectly seasoned.

Now I am getting hungry...

This is a TOUGH choice! As you can see, most of this thread has chosen Portofino's, but my impression a few months ago was that people preferred Chops!

We thought both were superb. The service on Serenade was SLIGHTLY better at Portofino's, the food SLIGHTLY better at Chop's.

Barb

We ate at both twice on recent cruise....Neither was anywhere close to crowded. IN fact, for 2/3 of our meal we were the only ones in Portofino's, and at most there were 6 tables of people at Chops. We did the Murder Mystery dinner at Portofinos one night and that was more crowded with a more restricted menu - the filet or a shrimp dish.

I prefer Chops, but certainly wouldn't complain about Portofino's.

You will enjoy either - and yes, the Mississippi Mud pie was GREAT.

Neither of the restaurants offered lobster tail as a main course on Brilliance. Chops did not offer any seafood items other than grilled salmon. Portofino's offered lobster in pasta. I heard Portofino's used to offer lobster tail as a main course, but they either didn't offer it on Brilliance or they took it off the menu fleetwide.

Archived