Purchases on board

Belfast Belle

Hello,

I understand that there is a no cash system on board (we are on Ventura). I'm just wondering does everyone in the cabin have the ability to charge purchases to the same account? We are 3 adults and 1 child (age 12) in 1 cabin. I'm guessing perhaps the children can't charge purchases or perhaps up to a limit?

Thank you

Judith

Basically everybody has a cruise card and relating to this is the ability to purchase items using it. This would be excursions, drinks or shop items anything. When you check in a credit card is placed against each persons on board account. You could in theory have four individuals in a cabin with their respective on board accounts (accessed by cruise card) all with the same credit card to settle at the end of the cruise. Alternatively you could have up to four credit cards registered, one for each person, if four adults went together but independently for example. You can have any combination of cruise cards settled by any combination of credit cards. In case of the latter make sure all relevant parties use their full amount of OBC. Each cruise card generates it's own "Statement of Account" Cabin X502 - 1, Cabin X502 -2, etc so you can see who bought what. Get print outs as often as you want from Reception.

Persons under eighteen years of age will have restrictions on what they are allowed to purchase e.g. alcohol. The card will be coded so everyone knows passengers age under eighteen. I have in the past visited the pursers desk (Reception) and asked about the status of young daughter's card and had the ability to purchase items enabled when she was very young. I believe you can also do the opposite. Check on board at the desk.

There are one or two things that the line does to help out such as the soda pop card and ice cream card which are a dozen or so spaces for the purchaser to present and have stamped as they acquire the items. Other lines have a sticker on your card which is a similar way of doing it for a daily charge, P&O do a 10 or so space card to get punched for a flat card fee. Another thing which happened to me on Ventura is the interactive television which you could order room service on and duty free items. My cabin companion accidently logged in as me and bought some cigarettes, probably wont happen with children but they can out smart adults and order perfume as you, I am not saying they will try, just that it is possible.

Regards John

Edited by john watson