Liberty of the Seas Observations & Tips

From the RCI website

Q:How is the automatic daily gratuity shared between members of the staff and crew?

A:

The automatic gratuity is $13.50 USD, or $16.50 USD for suite guests, applied to each guest's SeaPass® account on a daily basis. Here's how it is shared between your onboard service team:

Dining & Culinary Services: $8.30 USD

Stateroom Attendant: $3.85 USD OR Suite Attendant: $6.85 USD

Other Housekeeping Services: $1.35 USD OR Housekeeping and Suite Services: $1.35 USD

Room service isn't specifically mentioned but it's customary and appropriate to tip the delivery person a dollar or two - consistent with what you order.

You don't HAVE to do anything but it's typical to provide a direct specific gratuity for the room service delivery.

This^

I am looking for hints, tips, tricks. Our very first cruise coming up. I have read a lot of blogs, watched videos, etc. My 14 year old daughter is a little worried about not having enough to do. So hints here would be greatly appreciated for on-board stuff. We are really excited to experience this cruise.

I would tell your daughter that there will be so much to do she won't be able to everything! We've cruised with our kids when they were 10, 13 and 14. They never were at a loss for things to do. Now they're 21, 26 and 27 and we're crusing again. I don't think they will be bored!

Keep an open mind and open eyes. Read all the Cruise Compass newsletters each day and you'll be trying to figure out how you can do everything, but you can't, there's not enough time! Pick the things that look and sound good and save the rest for your next cruise. A cruise is what you make it. You'll have a great time. Don't get all wrapped up in the reviews. Remember, there are 4000 people on the ship and 5-10 reviews on line. The other 3990 people must be enjoying themselves!

I would tell your daughter that there will be so much to do she won't be able to everything! We've cruised with our kids when they were 10, 13 and 14. They never were at a loss for things to do. Now they're 21, 26 and 27 and we're crusing again. I don't think they will be bored!

Keep an open mind and open eyes. Read all the Cruise Compass newsletters each day and you'll be trying to figure out how you can do everything, but you can't, there's not enough time! Pick the things that look and sound good and save the rest for your next cruise. A cruise is what you make it. You'll have a great time. Don't get all wrapped up in the reviews. Remember, there are 4000 people on the ship and 5-10 reviews on line. The other 3990 people must be enjoying themselves!

Ditto to this!

Your cabin steward should leave a club schedule for her, along with your daily compass. If not, ask! They usually have them outside of clubs & on deck 5 near guest services too. My teens have enjoyed the clubs & my oldest was a little bummed when she aged out!

Edited by BLAMBKY

Never, EVER ask a "tipped" employee if they are getting their tips...they will ALWAYS tell you "no"!

Tips are included in the price of ALL packages, one way or another!

Actually, we asked two of the other employees who were not bartenders or servers if the beverage package included tips and were told it didn't include gratuities. However, we really took advantage of the package more in the MDR with our meals and to get water bottles each day; so, don't feel too bad about the nominal extra tips we left on our receipts from the pub and pool bar.

Thanks for your thoughts. Glad you had fun at Adult Daycare at Night. We are looking forward to seeing Derek again - we go waaaay back. Like 2001 on Rhapsody! We've missed him the last few years. He'll probably recognize us - Mr Wolf was a bit unforgettable one time. Who knew "Take This Job and Shove It" was operatic and apparently in about 17 different keys?? :eek: :D

Random question - do you happen to know who the pool bartenders were? They used to rotate them but now the bartenders are permanently assigned to an area. I'm wondering if it's anyone we know (we've run into many of the same guys through the years!)

Love your comments about Derek. We really did enjoy the three nights we saw him. Wish we could have seen him more; however, he had to "jump ship" a couple of nights to fly back to the states for a close family member's funeral. So, he didn't play as many nights as he normally would have done.

Off the top of my head, I don't remember the names of the pool bartenders; but will double check my receipts to see if any names are listed. They did have the same bartenders at the pool bar closest to the Solarium every day we were there. And they were great. There was one woman who was particularly good. Will try and message you back after I look at those receipts.