RCL Adventure Ocean for 2 year old

blackmoa

First time cruiser. We are booked on Liberty June 19-26th with my 5 and 2 year old boys. I was wondering about the age restrictions in Adventure Ocean. They say minimum of 3 years old and potty trained. My 2.5 year old is potty trained, and I think he will be bored silly if he has to go to the royal tots nursery. Will they be flexible at all on the age minimum and let him be with his brother? I suspected that the potty training requirement has more to do with all the rules and regulations around diapers than the actual age of the child, but maybe I'm wrong. Thanks!

Doubtful, but you can ask.

In the 3-5 year old room they do actual activities (think preschool), the rules have more to do than just potty training, they also expect a child to be mature enough to be able to sit still and follow directions.

We just got back from this same ship and had kids in 3 different age groups (3-5, 6-8, and tots), all rooms are appropriate for the ages served. The tots room had several 2-year-olds. I viewed them having a good time playing with age appropriate toys, watching a cartoon and quietly napping. You are aware that there is a fee for the nursery, yes?

• 2 weeks later...

My son was two and a half and potty trained last time we went on freedom of the seas about two years ago and they did allow him into adventure ocean after he went to the nursery and was able to show them he could use the restroom and pull his pants up by himself.

DD was 2.5 & potty trained when we sailed on Allure. She went to the nursery & had a great time. There were lots of toys & a lot of attention from the staff.

We never even considered asking about AE so I don't know for sure how they'd handle it. We were all (including DD) happy with the nursery for a 2 year old.