Carnival Valor Question

dave&micki

Hi All,

As we are flying to Florida for our cruise - our suitcases can only have a certain weight so I am wondering if the Valor still has hair dryers after the 2.0 upgrade.... one less thing to pack :)

Happy Cruising to all

Micki

I was on the first sail after the dry dock and yes they still have the standard hair dryers. They are only 1200 watts so if you have long/thick hair, you might want to consider bringing your own. I have naturally wavy hair so I just used sea salt spray and leave in conditioner and the sun dryed my hair :)

I was on the first sail after the dry dock and yes they still have the standard hair dryers. They are only 1200 watts so if you have long/thick hair, you might want to consider bringing your own. I have naturally wavy hair so I just used sea salt spray and leave in conditioner and the sun dryed my hair :)

Did the cabins get upgraded linens, curtains or carpet? Love to see any Cabin or Balcony pics if you can post them. Booked a Balcony for Jly 24th cruise...

New mattresses in all cabins, clean or new curtains & bedding, flat screen tv's, & carpet for those cabins that needed it. I can't wait! I've never been on a ship this fresh out of a dry dock! I have a mold allergy & sometimes the musty odors can mess up my sinuses. Fresh paint & thorough cleaning will be nice. :D

The hair dryers in the cabins, if they haven't been upgraded, require that you hold the button/trigger constantly, so lots of folks like to bring along a strong rubber band to hold the trigger. I've got long hair, but the dryers in the cabin have always worked for me, with no problem.

Have a GREAT cruise on one of my favorite ships!

"SKY"

New mattresses in all cabins, clean or new curtains & bedding, flat screen tv's, & carpet for those cabins that needed it. I can't wait! I've never been on a ship this fresh out of a dry dock! I have a mold allergy & sometimes the musty odors can mess up my sinuses. Fresh paint & thorough cleaning will be nice. :D

Where did you read about the cabin upgrades. I haven't found this anywhere. Would love to know this is correct and not just urban legend or wishful thinking.

Thanks.

Not an urban legend... DH worked the drydock and can confirm bedding /curtains etc was offloaded for full cleaning and mattresses removed and replaced. Carpets were cleaned or replaced as needed and chips, nicks etc.. Fixed. Balcony floors was sanded and refinished... Same furnishings inside the cabins (and same hairdryers) so if you were ok with them before, then all is OK. As others have mentioned, if you have thick or long hair or do any dryer styling, you might bring your own...

We are just back today from a 3 day (2nd sailing since dry-dock) Cabin 6414 balcony & sideways interior 6420 - good location, a bit noisy...We had the hair dryers (didn't use them as we brought our own) New bedding, same carpet, small flat TV's.

Did Cheers, kinda mixed thoughts. Bar service was so slow. Mostly 2 bartenders behind every bar working their butts off, literally 15-20 minute wait for a drink. Some super nice, a few were downright surly:mad::eek:.

Still an overall good time.

Not an urban legend... DH worked the drydock and can confirm bedding /curtains etc was offloaded for full cleaning and mattresses removed and replaced. Carpets were cleaned or replaced as needed and chips, nicks etc.. Fixed. Balcony floors was sanded and refinished... Same furnishings inside the cabins (and same hairdryers) so if you were ok with them before, then all is OK. As others have mentioned, if you have thick or long hair or do any dryer styling, you might bring your own...

Thanks a bunch. How exciting that your DH worked on the drydock and then you get to take a cruise on her. I guess he'd know all the hidden gems.

Enjoy your cruise.

Did the cabins get upgraded linens, curtains or carpet? Love to see any Cabin or Balcony pics if you can post them. Booked a Balcony for Jly 24th cruise...

Everything in our cabin was definitely new...And everything in the ship had that new smell. We had an inside cabin (6214) and a brand new flat screen TV which was very nice :) We had new mattresses in our cabin, definitely new carpeting, new shower curtain, bed linens. It was like a brand new ship! Everything was shiny and beautiful! They were still freshly painting while we were on the ship for a couple of days :)

I didn't take any pictures of our cabin besides our towel creatures...we were only in there for sleeping and showers but it was definitely new and beautiful.

I have moderate allergies and they were not irritated at all. You will definitely enjoy! Everyone who worked there was AMAZING!!!

Everything in our cabin was definitely new...And everything in the ship had that new smell. We had an inside cabin (6214) and a brand new flat screen TV which was very nice :) We had new mattresses in our cabin, definitely new carpeting, new shower curtain, bed linens. It was like a brand new ship! Everything was shiny and beautiful! They were still freshly painting while we were on the ship for a couple of days :)

I didn't take any pictures of our cabin besides our towel creatures...we were only in there for sleeping and showers but it was definitely new and beautiful.

I have moderate allergies and they were not irritated at all. You will definitely enjoy! Everyone who worked there was AMAZING!!!

Did they add American Table menus or still the same old menus?

Thanks for any info

Did they add American Table menus or still the same old menus?

Thanks for any info

Old menus...I believe I read something somewhere that said they will switch in the fall. Our cruise director's name was Chris and he mentioned that it was his first cruise as a cruise director but he was very friendly, fun, and approachable. We tried guy's Burger Joint...it was good. Nothing amazing. I really enjoyed the Blue Iguana Cantina and the Red Frog Rum Bar on the Lido deck. I highly recommend going to the adults-only comedy show with Thea Vidale. She was very funny but be warned she is also very vulgar! lol. The two shows we seen were Nightclub Express and a tribute to the 80s. They were both very good. Our waiter Gusti and his assistant Christian were just the best! Very fun! We got selfies with just about everybody that we seen frequently and they were all very willing! lol Overall, we had a blast and I am already looking for another cruise for late 2016/early 2017! Ask any questions you like, I will try my best to answer anything!