Viking Star Mini-Bar Contents

va2pa

We're staying in a DV cabin which says that we get daily replenishment of drinks (non-alcoholic) and snacks. Can anyone tell me what kind of drinks and snacks come in the mini-bar? Water, juices or soda? Nuts, popcorn, chocolate?

Thanks!

You can sort of tailor it how you want - let's say you only drink diet Coke - let your cabin steward know that and they'll keep refillin it with just that. If you're allergic to peanuts that won't give you those. Tgey'll let you know what they can and cannot get for you as freebies based on your cabin category.

Related to this, Viking does not mind AT ALL if you bring your own wine, beer, spirits or any other (legal) beverage on board. And not the fridge is not really set up to hold large bottles of wine, BUT all the components can be removed and/or rearranged to accommodate almost any sized bottle(s). ;)

You can sort of tailor it how you want - let's say you only drink diet Coke - let your cabin steward know that and they'll keep refillin it with just that. If you're allergic to peanuts that won't give you those. Tgey'll let you know what they can and cannot get for you as freebies based on your cabin category.

Related to this, Viking does not mind AT ALL if you bring your own wine, beer, spirits or any other (legal) beverage on board. And not the fridge is not really set up to hold large bottles of wine, BUT all the components can be removed and/or rearranged to accommodate almost any sized bottle(s). ;)

Hello id4elizabeth. When we booked our Viking Homelands cruise I asked our UK Viking office about bringing spirits onboard. I do not drink wine or beer. I was told that you can only bring alcohol up to 15% proof. This would rule out gin etc. Do you think this is correct? I would just like to have something in my cabin to go with the tonic.

We were on the 50-day cruise from Istanbul to Stockholm and there was only one incident that we heard about and that was in Ephesus, Turkey and it was the Turkish authorities (not Viking) that confiscated the bottle because it was over 15%.

When you reboard the ship in any port, you do have to put your bags through a small x-ray machine. But in all the times I saw folks bring bottles aboard in bags, and put them through the machine, I never saw the Viking staff look at the labels, or even take the bottles out of the bags. Most ports don't have a separate security check by the port authorities themselves - they seem to count on the ship's themselves to provide security.

They might have this 15% "rule" but on our cruise it was only a problem that I know of in Ephesus.

You could always try one bottle and if that doesn't work you'd have to ask for it to be stocked in the mini-bar. Depending on your cabin category you might have to pay for it.

I asked Viking particularly if I can bring on Liquor, Jack Daniels, and they said Yes, no problem. I like the convenience of having a bottle in my room for pre-dinner cocktails. I board in Greece and they might be more lenient. When I cruised in Egypt I was told I still could but to keep it out of sight as it is a predominantly Muslim country.;)