Beachy Wavy Hair

I found a new hair product that might interest some of you, especially on a humid cruise. It’s John Frieda Beach Blond Sea Waves sea salt spray. It turns straight or wavy hair into beachy waves (any color hair). I have naturally wavy hair that begins as ringlets. As my hair dries, the ringlets get looser and looser until they become an ugly flat wave.

The instructions say to spray it on dry hair but that just doesn’t work for me. I sprayed it on my wet hair and scrunched. Several hours later when my hair was finally dried, I had these great messy beachy waves. I used a wide-tooth comb very lightly to get some of the messiness out. I loved it!

My hair looked great on Day 2, which is important to me because I only wash it every other day. And the coconut scent disappeared almost immediately, in case you’re as scent-sensitive as I am.

I normally just blow-dry my hair straight for 7 minutes and I’m done – but it’s never perfectly straight because I don’t like to spend too much time on it. Sometimes I like wearing it wavy but needed a product to keep the frizz away and control the curls/waves. This worked. I think it would be perfect for cruises in the Caribbean.

Mary, thanks for the other option from Aquage. I looked it up on Amazon and it's $22.90 for an 8 oz. bottle of the sea salt texturizing spray. The John Frieda is $6.99 for the 5 oz. bottle. I wish it were a bigger bottle as I can see myself using it a lot once I get 4" cut off my hair with layers. That'll help with the beachy waves a lot and I'll probably wear it like that daily.

Dotty, can't wait for your review. I'm going to use it again this weekend when we go camping.

If anybody has other options to compare, please share. The only reason I got the John Frieda was because I'd heard about it on a radio commercial.