Carnival Dream questions

rangerdog

We leave on June 5th on the Carnival Dream for a 7 day cruise. Since it's been over a year since our last cruise, I've heard some information that I would like clarification on. First, is escargot still served in the MDR? Second, is lobster still served in the MDR? Next, have there been a decrease of the "Las Vegas" type shows every evening? Last, is there a limit on the number of dishes you can order in the MDR? Thanks so much for helping me out. I "searched" for these topics and couldn't find anything specific to the Dream.

We leave on June 5th on the Carnival Dream for a 7 day cruise. Since it's been over a year since our last cruise, I've heard some information that I would like clarification on. First, is escargot still served in the MDR? Second, is lobster still served in the MDR? Next, have there been a decrease of the "Las Vegas" type shows every evening? Last, is there a limit on the number of dishes you can order in the MDR? Thanks so much for helping me out. I "searched" for these topics and couldn't find anything specific to the Dream.

Escargot is served, they had a shortage a while back..

Lobster is served as part of the MDR for no upcharge on cruises 6 days and longer. % days and shorter, there is an upcharge if you want lobster.

Don't think there has been a decrease in the times the productions are performed..

There is no limit, you can order two appetizers, 2 main entrees, and 3 desserts if you like..

Dream is one of the few Carnival ships that is hanging onto the Las Vegas type of production shows. Carnival is unfortunately moving away from those, but you will still have 3 of them on the Dream. I also agree that Dancing in the Streets is a great show! Show up early for good seats for all of them. The place is usually packed out. Also, check out Blackjack Band playing in the oceans plaza. They play great music & are very friendly. Jimmy from the band plays fiddle in the country production show on the big stage. I feel that the Dream has by far the best entertainment of any Carnival ship.

There is no limit to what you can order in the dining room. I usually order 2 or 3 appetizers, and occasionally, 2 entrees. On my last cruise, I ordered 2 lobster dishes. After I finished the 2nd, the waiter was asking me if I wanted a 3rd, as the team had ordered a few extras just in case. At first, I declined, but the waiter kept looking over at me with that look as he had the dish in his hand. I finally agreed to take it, and finished it too.

Edited by k2excursion

Also, check out Blackjack Band playing in the oceans plaza. They play great music & are very friendly. Jimmy from the band plays fiddle in the country production show on the big stage.

Ditto :) We've sailed the Dream twice with the Blackjack Band when she sailed from Port Canaveral. Ocean Plaza was our place to go for a before dinner drink and the band was a definite plus.

Dream is one of the few Carnival ships that is hanging onto the Las Vegas type of production shows. Carnival is unfortunately moving away from those, but you will still have 3 of them on the Dream. I also agree that Dancing in the Streets is a great show! Show up early for good seats for all of them. The place is usually packed out. Also, check out Blackjack Band playing in the oceans plaza. They play great music & are very friendly. Jimmy from the band plays fiddle in the country production show on the big stage. I feel that the Dream has by far the best entertainment of any Carnival ship.

Unfortunately production shows will be going away after next drydock being replaced by playlist

Unfortunately production shows will be going away after next drydock being replaced by playlist

That's what I'm afraid will happen, but you sound sure. Have you seen anything definite about that? I ask, because not all ships get playlist in their drydocks. Magic didn't, and that drydock was only a few months ago.

That's what I'm afraid will happen, but you sound sure. Have you seen anything definite about that? I ask, because not all ships get playlist in their drydocks. Magic didn't, and that drydock was only a few months ago.

According to someone senior on entertainment staff Dream will be getting the shows just introduced on the Vista.