Norwegian or Carnival w/kids in Alaska?

bizeebeth

HI - I have a 2 and 4 year old. Want to do a family trip to Alaska next May. Any advice? Has any one experienced the kids program with children this young on NCL or Carnival? I think they are the only programs that will take 2 year olds.

Will NCL watch kiddos while you are in port on a tour? I was wondering about the diaper policy since our youngest won't be potty trained by then unless some miracle occurs!

I'm leaning towards a cruise from Seattle or Vancouver just b/c they travel doesn't sound as intimidating as traveling all the way to Anchorage.

Thanks!

I have a 2 year old and we are going with Ncl in Jan.

I do not want a unfamiliar person to change my son's diaper.

Ncl have beepers-much better.

Carnival have a call in system where you have to run to a phone to check periodically. What if you are in the middle of a show? or you are chowing down on a lobster!

I rather be notified if something is wrong than having to call all the time for no reason.

Free style dining will allow you to dine with your child early or dine on your own later when your kids are in camp. No set seating. More flexibility.

The only drawback to Ncl is no Kid's Crew during port days; but I wouldn't feel right leaving the ship without my baby.

Sara.

Archived