Cruising out of Miami in late June

Fattony

We know it would be hot and humid, and the ship would have a/c, but how much would the weather affect enjoyment of a cruise to the Bahamas in late June? I assume thunder storms could be a regular occurrence. This is a bit early for hurricanes, right (though not out of the question)? Would western Caribbean be any better? One of our group is 89 and uses a wheelchair.

Edited by Fattony

Yes very hot and humid. Not sure how it would effect you. We avoid summer in Fl and south due to the humidity. We can take the dry heat of Arizona easier. Others aren't bothered. Just pace yourself. No difference which side of the Caribbean you hit. The further south, the hotter. You can take a look at historical temps and rain conditions on weatherunderground.com You need to watch the older cruiser. Not much has air conditioning while out and about. And the temps can really do a number on the elderly.

Edited by eandj

Having grown up in Myrtle Beach, SC and now living in South Florida, I will say the summers are a lot LESS humid in South Florida than South Carolina.

Yes, it will be humid but it is manageable.

I think you'll be fine in the Bahamas. Just cover up with sunscreen.