Photos of Cloud 9 Thermal Rooms and Whirlpool on Vista

Greek Gal

Does anyone who has been on the Vista have photos of the four spa thermal rooms, showers, and/or whirlpool that spa cabins get to use?

Is there a thalassatherapy pool, like some claim, or not (as Carnival people on the phone told me months ago)?

How many people does the "large" (according again to someone I spoke with at Carnival) spa whirlpool hold? We have around 50 people in our anniversary group currently booked and over half are in spa cabins so that we can use the spa areas together between tours and dinner, so I hope these areas aren't as disappointing as some early posts suggest.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalVistaInaug/01Trieste/index9.html

Did you not see these from Zydocruiser?

Scroll down toward the bottom and see his pics, like these,

DSC_6865_Zyde_zpsg40p8ua7.jpg

Not getting 50 or even 25 people in that tub comfortably. The Spa cabins don't look very good if this is all there is. Also don't see any evidence of 4 spa rooms at all.

Edited by Trumpster

So, so disappointing....

Major oopsie by not installing the big T-pool. I for one will NOT be booking spa cabins on Vista because of this.

Yep, I bet plenty of complaints will occur by those who booked Spa cabins thinking they were getting an entire suite of rooms like the Dream class.

A big whirlpool in the same room as the loungers...:(

I asked JH about this and got a lame answer,

My question

Still nothing about the thermal suite and the lack of value of booking a Spa cabin on Vista.

His answer:

not sure I understand the question P. The Spa cabins here are superb, there is a video coming tomorrow on them and the value of having use of all the private VIP rooms, the Elemis products in the cabin and private use of the over sized hot tub make these rooms very special indeed. Let me know if I can help further.

Of course no video ever came that I can find.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalVistaInaug/01Trieste/index9.html

Did you not see these from Zydocruiser?

Scroll down toward the bottom and see his pics, like these,

DSC_6865_Zyde_zpsg40p8ua7.jpg

Not getting 50 or even 25 people in that tub comfortably. The Spa cabins don't look very good if this is all there is. Also don't see any evidence of 4 spa rooms at all.

This photos doesn't show them, but there are 4 sauna rooms. If you look in the upper left corner where the glass door is; that is the infared sauna. If you look closely towards the upper right where you can vaguely make out a person standing, there is a hallway where there are two more sauna rooms (standard sauna and a dry sauna). The aroma sauna is not visible as it is off of the whirlpool. We enjoyed the sauna but then again, we have not used them on any other ships so I can't compare them. Maybe we were lucky but not being spoiled by any better ships. We liked having everything all in one area as we were able to bounce from one sauna to another, to the sensory showers to whirlpool, etc.

This photos doesn't show them, but there are 4 sauna rooms. If you look in the upper left corner where the glass door is; that is the infared sauna. If you look closely towards the upper right where you can vaguely make out a person standing, there is a hallway where there are two more sauna rooms (standard sauna and a dry sauna). The aroma sauna is not visible as it is off of the whirlpool. We enjoyed the sauna but then again, we have not used them on any other ships so I can't compare them. Maybe we were lucky but not being spoiled by any better ships. We liked having everything all in one area as we were able to bounce from one sauna to another, to the sensory showers to whirlpool, etc.

If so, I stand corrected.

What is an infared sauna?

Also the standard sauna's are in the locker rooms, correct? Are they open to anyone, like sauna rooms on other ships? Looks like they should be as the locker rooms are open to everyone.

The door straight ahead seems to lead to the relax room. No? Is there an access to the relax room.

Anyway, still looks not as good as the Dream class layout. Certainly the lack of a T-pool is a miss.

Where exactly is this aroma sauna? It can't be very big.

Glad you had a good use of the facility. I would be unhappy after Breeze and Magic.

Especially at the cost of a spa Cabin.

Does anyone who has been on the Vista have photos of the four spa thermal rooms, showers, and/or whirlpool that spa cabins get to use?

Is there a thalassatherapy pool, like some claim, or not (as Carnival people on the phone told me months ago)?

How many people does the "large" (according again to someone I spoke with at Carnival) spa whirlpool hold? We have around 50 people in our anniversary group currently booked and over half are in spa cabins so that we can use the spa areas together between tours and dinner, so I hope these areas aren't as disappointing as some early posts suggest.

25 people +/- in the thermal suite at once will overwhelm the facilities. I can't think of any ship that I have been on, where they had an excellent thermal suite, could handle that large of a group at once (Magic & Eurodam {HAL}).

Edited by Rosethorn40

If so, I stand corrected.

What is an infared sauna?

Also the standard sauna's are in the locker rooms, correct? Are they open to anyone, like sauna rooms on other ships? Looks like they should be as the locker rooms are open to everyone.

The door straight ahead seems to lead to the relax room. No? Is there an access to the relax room.

Anyway, still looks not as good as the Dream class layout. Certainly the lack of a T-pool is a miss.

Where exactly is this aroma sauna? It can't be very big.

Glad you had a good use of the facility. I would be unhappy after Breeze and Magic.

Especially at the cost of a spa Cabin.

An infared sauna is like a tanning bed in a sauna. Watch how long you sit in there as you can get sunburned. The aroma sauna can't be seen in the photo above but it is the same size of the other saunas (can probably hold about 10 people comfortably). The relaxation room is just outside the therapy room as are the restrooms/locker rooms. I do believe that there are regular saunas that are open to regular guests that use the gym facilities in the locker rooms. I do wish that the Vista had the T-pool instead of the whirlpool though.

An infared sauna is like a tanning bed in a sauna. Watch how long you sit in there as you can get sunburned. The aroma sauna can't be seen in the photo above but it is the same size of the other saunas (can probably hold about 10 people comfortably). The relaxation room is just outside the therapy room as are the restrooms/locker rooms. I do believe that there are regular saunas that are open to regular guests that use the gym facilities in the locker rooms. I do wish that the Vista had the T-pool instead of the whirlpool though.

Hmmm...

Still sounds like a lesser thermal suites than Dream class

• 2 weeks later...

The facilities are shared by all spa cabins and guests aren't allowed so not sure what you are thinking. Also if there are more than 2 booked in a spa cabin, only the first 2 have spa privileges. Under 18 is also excluded.

The facilities are shared by all spa cabins and guests aren't allowed so not sure what you are thinking. Also if there are more than 2 booked in a spa cabin, only the first 2 have spa privileges. Under 18 is also excluded.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant about half of our total group booked spa cabins to be able to use the spa rooms together (the other half aren't expecting to join us in the spa), and none of us have our children traveling with us. We are all older (I think I might be the youngest and am over 50) and empty nesters and/or single.

I am just hoping that the 23 of us (or however many keep their spa cabin) can all use the spa facilities at the same time...we surely won't be able to all fit in the whirlpool together, like we might have had this ship had one of the large T-pools like the Dream and some other ships.