How do you get from the port of Marseilles to the train station?

Sigyn

Is it time consuming and/or complicated to get from the port of Marseilles to the train station? I was thinking about doing a DIY tour and taking the train to Aix-en-Provence for a leisurely day.

You have a few options. Your cruise ship will probably offer a shuttle bus (pricing varies from cruise line to cruise line but should not be too bad) which would likely drop you at the old port (near the water). From there you can walk to the station in about 15 min or take a local bus. Another option to simply take a taxi from the port directly to the train station (assuming you can find a taxi willing to do this short haul). If using a taxi it is usually best to share it with another couple.

Hank

• 3 months later...
Is it time consuming and/or complicated to get from the port of Marseilles to the train station? I was thinking about doing a DIY tour and taking the train to Aix-en-Provence for a leisurely day.

Just wondering what you ended up doing? Planning for my upcoming trip. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

My sister and I were on Royal Princess last week and at the last minute decided to take the ships shuttle to Vieux Port. Maybe other ships have different drop offs, but it was in a weird place. That said, we took a photo of the Museum nearby so we had a place of reference.

From there we took a cab for 7 euros to the Marseille Saint-Charles bus station. For 10 euros round trip, we took bus 50 (an express bus) to Aix en Provence. The bus runs every 5 minutes or so and you are there in 30 minutes. Easy walk to Cours Mirabeau. Also, the bus has free, fast wifi.

Spent a few hours in Aix, got back to Marseille and wandered around until we met the shuttle back to the ship.