RCR food against Princess food

FRANCOIS

We were in a GS on AOS and we did not even get a room service menu. When we asked the steward, he said the stewards were told to take them out of the books because they were no longer correct. I called room service and they grudgingly delivered a photocopied copy of one.

And they would not give us the shrimp cocktail off the dining room menu, either. I noticed that each night it seemed like the "special" of the day on the dining room menu in the concierge lounge did not appear on the televised dining room menu. (Nor did the shrimp cocktail)

Portofino was good. Except for the mashed potatoes and apple strudel I thought everything in the Windjammer was pretty blah.

It is pretty pointless to debate who has better food since it can vary from ship to ship and from month to month depending on how the cooks rotate. Add to that the fact that in six to nine months, the menus will be different.

My experiences on all three lines have been roughly the same. Some dishes were outstanding and I had seconds, others were so-so. I think our local paper said it best when it described cruise food as "somewhere between fine dining and Marie Callendar's served with a flourish"

Archived