Fun Shop versus Bar Prices

pmb526

If you purchase a litre from the fun shops of say vodka for $85, how much would you estimate you would save versus buying mixed drinks from the bar - for example a screwdriver (or buying a litre of Kahlua versus Kahlua and creams from the bar) assuming equal pours of liquor?

Edited by pmb526

About 33 1oz shots in a litre of booze. At $6.50 a drink, your looking at over $210 in bar charges.

Pro tip - Bring Mio or other water flavor enhancers and mix it with some water with your booze. You will be pleasantly surprised with results... Practice before you go! :-)

A shot of liquor is not 1 oz, its 1.5. So a liter bottle is about 22 shots, not 33. At $85 that's $3.86 a shot. That's still a lot cheaper than a bar drink with one shot. But when I've watched the bartenders they seem to be more generous than a single shot. I do tip bartenders extra, though.

12 oz 5% beer = 0.6 oz alcohol

4 oz 15% wine = 0.6 oz alcohol

1.5 oz 40% (80 proof) liquor = 0.6 oz alcohol.

We usually buy wine onboard , Cherry on Top, to take to room...

I just read this , does it mean no more buying there , but can order thru room service?

The Fun Shops (onboard)

All alcohol purchased in The Fun Shops onboard will be stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained items will be available for collection in a designated lounge on the morning of debarkation.

:confused:

We usually buy wine onboard , Cherry on Top, to take to room...

I just read this , does it mean no more buying there , but can order thru room service?

The Fun Shops (onboard)

All alcohol purchased in The Fun Shops onboard will be stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. The retained items will be available for collection in a designated lounge on the morning of debarkation.

:confused:

Yes, you can order from room service. You can also pre-order and it will be waiting in your room when you board. Price are considerably higher than in the shops, but you get to drink it onboard.