2 tips for GEM travelers with kids, just got off today

Savaann

We just got off the GEM this morning! My husband and I were traveling with our 2 kids, ages 7 and 5. We both had the UBP and my kids did not. Any time I asked for a soda the waiters would automatically say, would you like 3? So no need to buy a soda package for your children.

Also, the posted height requirement is 48" and 12 years old to go down the water slide. My son is shorter than 48" and both were allowed to go down by themselves, no questions asked!

Sylvia

Edited by Savaann

we are taking the gem in august with my 5 year old ( she will be six week a week after the cruise. i was wondering about the splash academy -- did you use ? did your kids like it?? i assume they were is separate groups because of the age difference??

Any comments suggestions are welcome.. also not sure if you have the weekly calendar of events for the turtles ( 3-5 year olds) that you could share?

thx

bob

My son is also one week before turning 6, so he was in the turtles. He only went to the Splash Academy only once for an hour but he did really like it. The ship had a lot of children in that age range and I would often see the sign up that the Turtles program was full. I have the weekly schedule and will post it as soon as I can figure out how to post a picture.

Thanks Sylvia for taking the time to post the schedule.

I already have the dallies from that trip and there looks like a bunch of family activities which should be fun,but also wanted to see if anything in the splash academy that would be of interest to her.

Thanks again!

Bob

So, basically, to hell with the rules! Rock on, sista!

As for the 3 sodas.....do you really think it's breaking the rules if the bartender asks how many?

Perhaps it's just good customer service on their part and know it easier to serve 3 at once for the customer

It's a 2 cent soda !!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are very welcome! Just to add, when we ordered off the children's menu at the specialty restaurants it took a long time for the food to arrive. At one restaurant we were finished eating and the kids food hadn't come yet! We did the cupcake decorating and the line was 30 minutes long to get in. If the ship is full, arrive early :)

Have a wonderful trip!

Sylvia

About the sodas - I never asked to get my kids soda, it was offered, which I declined anyway. I know I would have been mad if I bought the package in advance and then saw people getting soda for free. I read every board that I could before my trip which was incredibly helpful. Someone else who is considering getting the soda package for their children may be interested to know. Also, this only happened while seated in a restaurant not at a bar.