Single Serving Champagne

I hate opening a (good) bottle of champagne and feeling rushed to drink it all in one night or seeing it get poured down the drain the next morning because it was too 'flat' to drink. My solution to this is the smaller bottles (187ml) that are single serving sized. I'm wondering if anyone has taken these aboard and how the corkage fee might work for these sized bottles. I know champagnes by the glass may be limited based on the newest wine menus, so I'd like to bring a few of these just in case there are nights when nothing but bubbles will do :).

I hate opening a (good) bottle of champagne and feeling rushed to drink it all in one night or seeing it get poured down the drain the next morning because it was too 'flat' to drink. My solution to this is the smaller bottles (187ml) that are single serving sized. I'm wondering if anyone has taken these aboard and how the corkage fee might work for these sized bottles. I know champagnes by the glass may be limited based on the newest wine menus, so I'd like to bring a few of these just in case there are nights when nothing but bubbles will do :).

Try a champagne stopper. They're cheap. I use them all the time and keep me bubbly for an extra day or two.

I've tried them!! The last time I used one the stopper popped off the champagne (in the fridge) in the middle of the night and scared the crap out of me... I've shied away from them since then. Lol... I might have to revisit them now. :)

Ha! Definitely try again, use mine probably 2-3x/month. I'll see if I can find the brand name. Key is to make sure it's pushed down snug before you close the clamps.

Could always hit BB&B or something and return it if it doesn't work for you. Just a thought!