Whale Watching Tour Available!

SqueakyDust

I've managed to find a Whale Watching tour that can be booked outwith the Cruise Ship - and it's much cheaper!!

Thank you DominicaLover for the initial link to Anchorage Whale Watch & Dive Centre - Email: anchorage@cwdom.dm.

They replied quickly and have agreed to do a tour outwith their normal days.

We are booked for Friday 2nd December and I'm sure there will be more room on their boat. Just contact them via above e.mail details for prices/details. Obviously the more, the merrier!

So I guess we'll be doing this tour on Dominica. Just need to decide what to do on St Lucia now. Think we're sorted for Grenada (which were the other choices of WW tours our ship offered)

DominicaLover - I don't suppose you know where the Anchorage Dive Centre & Hotel are and roughly how much a taxi there and back should cost?

Thanks

The Anchorage Dive Center is arranging a whale watching tour for my family on Christmas day 2005. We will leave around 9 a.m. and the tour will last about 3 1/2 hours. The cost is $50 per person and children are $25. They are serving complimentary rum punch, fresh fruit and water on the ship. They also have a mini-bar where you can purchase soda, beer, etc.

There are 4 of us (including kids ages 19 and 9). The tour requires a minimum of 8 people. Anyone else interested in joining us for this? It sounds like a great way to spend Christmas!

• 4 weeks later...

Well I've had no communciations from the Anchorage Dive Centre since mid October.

Guess that means the trip is off and I'll have to hope we can book a space with the ship - although I don't hold out any hope.

The kids are pretty disappointed.

:(

• 4 weeks later...

Just back from the 12/10 on Celebrity's Constellation. We took the Whale and Dolphin Watch excursion through the ship and the cost was $59 per person ($34 per child). The boat leaves from the dock immediately next to the cruise ship dock so there is no taxi fare involved. I don't see where your savings might have been if you booked independently but had to take a taxi to your take off point.

Fabulous excursion by the way. One of the most interesting things we did on this cruise. You will see whales, and dolphins. We did not see rum as they "forgot" to bring any but it didn't bother us at all as there was plenty back on board our ship. This is definitely an excursion worth doing and for those with children, a lifetime experience worth every penny (or pound!). Be advised, if you are prone to seasickness, take medication for it before you leave. While you are near the pods, they cut off the engines and there is a fair amount of bobbing around in the water.

• 1 month later...

Archived