Two More Edge Class Ships Ordered

CruisingChick

I will not be surprised if Celebrity adds additional spaces for suites-only access like a pool area, but the idea that suite guests hiss at the plebes whenever they make eye contact is a bit over-dramatic. I stay in suites because the room is bigger. Period. I love sharing the other spaces with whoever else is on the cruise because it's a great way to meet interesting people. You generally have to ask people their room category because I have yet to meet someone who announces it loudly and often and those types would be boorish no matter what. The small restaurant is nice in that the food quality is better (because you're paying for it), but I actually missed aspects of the MDR as well. I wouldn't miss the over-crowded pool area but I avoid the pool anyway. I haven't sailed in any Haven-type venue because if I wanted a small-ship feel, I'd sail a real luxury line on a small ship. The prices are not that much different. I think it would be a mistake for Celebrity to take it to that extreme.

Yes, joking aside I agree with this. Even if they offer Shiite specific venues it doesn't it meant all suite guests are still not going to enjoy the rest of the ship.

And the good old saying 'don't judge a book by its cover, or the colour of its seapass card' should apply...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Edge Class ships will be 117,000 tons. This new class will be a bit more crowded than the S-class, with a space ratio 40.34, compared to 42.81 on the Solstice. Not a huge difference however. The Solstice is 122.000 tons.

MIAMI, Dec. 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Celebrity Cruises has taken a bold step in ship design with the signing of a letter of intent for a new class of vessels, Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. and French shipbuilder STX France announced today. The two 2,900-guest, 117,000-gross-registered-ton ships, developed under the project name EDGE will build upon the modern luxury experience of the brand's Millennium and Solstice class vessels.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

This is good to hear.

I am not a big fan of the mega behemoth ships of RCL and NL (in fact I prefer the M class to the S class). Will be looking forward to the roll out and keeping the Ms a little longer with maybe some new and exiting cruise destinations. One thing I would like is Celebrity to keep at least one ship in Caribbean for the summer months.

Edited by Banjo