Sailing on NOS Saturday ...Should we?

leepcohen

Do you have a choice not to?

Unless RCCL offers an option to cancel (and it doesn't not appear that they are offering that for NOS) or you bought insurance allowing cancellation for any reason, you'll lose your entire cruise fare if you cancel, won't you?

When we were on Navigator Sept/Oct. we sailed during two different storms. The ship tries to get to calmest water possible. We had no problem with bad seas. If we did not watch tv we would have no idea what was out there. Go and enjoy. Think of it as an adventure and make the most of whatever ports you do get to.

It's a chartered cruise, we could opt not to go, still deciding. We live in Florida, so our decision will be based on where we live, not where we are going! I want to go!

Leepcohen...I'm also supposed to be on that cruise and I am keeping my fingers crossed that the company OK's the trip and we continue on. We live in Alabama and we are ready to go!!! Here's hoping we get to sail......

We are still deciding. Haven't packed yet, but it's not a long drive to the port for us...have to shutter the house today and make sure everything is secure. By the time we sail out, it will be nasty, but in just a matter of hours we can get out of the bad weather and the ship will go around whatever lurks out there.

The local ABC station reported a few minutes ago that the Port of Miami will close tomorrow at 11 a.m

That's the 1st I've heard about this...we were given the OK from the company that chartered the NOS and said everything was a go....we are scheduled to arrive in Miami @ 11:41 tomorrow....our first stop was originally Cozumel but that has been scrapped and we'll sail Sunday and Monday and arrive in Grand Cayman as planned on Tuesday.

I had put off packing until I had gotten the official OK and now I've got to run around like a chicken with my head cut off!!!! :rolleyes:

From the port of Miami website....

"Port of Miami

Based on the current forecast and anticipated time for port conditions, Saturday cruise ship arrivals will be permitted provided that they have arrived prior to 11:00 a.m., which is when the ports would be closed to inbound traffic.

Passenger disembarkation and new passenger embarkation should be expedited to the extent possible to allow departure by the later afternoon time frame."

Archived