Can/Will Cabin Stewards Bend The Rules A Little?

texas greeneyes

I am trying to get a friend to join us on our cruise, but she can't book in my Cat 11 because we already have three booked in it. We could get her onboard by booking her in the cabin of someone else in our party, but she would want to actually stay in the cabin I am in, since she knows me way better. Here is my question: If I tip the steward extra, and be really nice, do you think I could get a rollaway bed brought in? (Although she is willing to sleep on a pallet on the floor just to be able to go...she can't afford to book solo in a cabin and pay the extra.)

Also, any thoughts on how crowded it would be in the Cat 11 with 4 women?

What ship are you booked on? Most ships don't have roll-aways. Just ask for extra bedding, I doubt the steward cares who sleeps in your cabin, just don't leave an iron lying around:p. As long as your friend is paying for a cabin, I don't see why the steward would care. A nice little tip never hurts.

Actually, my stepdaughters had a rollaway brought into their room every night so they do have them.

I would bet room stewards are used to doing the cabin shuffle. Just make sure you tip him his fair due and not just a little something extra. One person may not sound like extra work but what if 10 of his cabins did the same thing?

Just make sure that if you friend sleeps in your cabin she brings the life jacket with her from her cabin and puts it back at the end of the trip. God forbid something should happen, but if it does, that extra life jacket could make a huge difference!!!

You will be crowded as far as bumping into each other. If your all neat you be OK as far as clutter because there is plenty of storage. Remember if you all need to get ready at the same time some could to the spa & use their showers & hair dryers.

We just ran into this problem while booking our family cruise. My sister and BIL and their 5-year-old twins tried to book a Cat. 11 on the Liberty; it won't allow 4 in a Cat. 11. So we booked one of the kids with us (for booking purposes only) but the kids will both stay with their parents. The TA did make sure to warn me, though, that the sleeping accommodations are one king bed and one twin sofa. The kids are small, so they can share the twin sofa, but you would be hard pressed to put 4 adults in that cabin with sleeping accommodations for only 3. I'm not sure which ship you are looking at, but the Spirit and/or Conquest class ships do not allow rollaways.

Personally I don't think 2 five year old kids would fit on the sofa bed. It's not a sofa bed that pulls out, they just put sheets on top of the sofa itself and take the back cushions off. Kids are happy to sleep on the floor, though so I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

Happy cruising,

Gayle

GayleR- you made mention of the sofa beds not being a pull out. We will be on the Miracle in a category 5a that states king, one pullman and a sofa. Is this sofa the size of a three person couch or a two person love seat? I'm trying to figure out if my plus size adult person can fit on this sofa with ease. All four in the cabin are adults. Appreciate any feedback from anyone on this question.

How about just packing a single blow up (beach raft-type) mattress for the floor. They are very inexpensive, and with lots of blankets and pillows it could be pretty comfortable. Just stand it up in a corner during the day. Get her on that cruise with you any way you have to! Have fun.

How about just packing a single blow up (beach raft-type) mattress for the floor. They are very inexpensive, and with lots of blankets and pillows it could be pretty comfortable. Just stand it up in a corner during the day. Get her on that cruise with you any way you have to! Have fun.

That is a superb idea...especially considering the 4th woman I am trying to fit into our Cat 11 is barely 5' tall and only about 102 lbs dripping wet! Thanks!

The sofa is just that, a sofa with the back cushions removed. ?The pullman is a bed that folds down from the ceiling with a ladder, and is folded up during the day. Our 14 year olds had plenty of room on them. I guess they are the size of a twin bed.

Archived