FTTF in Jacksonville?

sandkps

Anyone used it care to share your experience?

No tender ports, so mostly we'd be using it for express embarkation & debarkation. We will be parking at the port. Did you find that it cut off much wait time?

We've only used it in Charleston, where it was a huge time saver. Hoping for the same at Jax!

We used FTTF twice with cruises out of Jacksonville. I had asked the same question, and the consensus was that most felt it wasn't needed. I felt we definitely got our money's worth and here's why. We LOVED getting on the ship at around 11:30. I realize that there will be people who tell you they were on the ship shortly afterwards, and didn't have to pay. BUT, did they get to go straight to their rooms and drop off their carry-ons? We did. We dropped off our luggage, changed into our suits and were on the Lido deck enjoying lunch by 12:00. We also used Guest Services quite a bit. There were issues that popped up, and it was awesome not having to wait in any line. Whatsoever! Debarkation was a breeze, and that was also well worth the price. For me, I loved it. If you are traveling with small children, the elderly or disabled, it will be even more worth it.

I recently cruised out of Jax and did not get FTTF. From the time i parked my car to walking on the ship, it took a total of about 45 mins. There was a separate FTTF line to get thru the XRAY scanners, I would say that saved about 10-15 mins. My room was ready so was able to drop my luggage. There wasn't a separate FTTF line at Guest Services, so people with FTTF had to wait in line with the rest of us commoners (there was a separate Diamond and Platinum Line). We went to Half Moon Cay and required a tender, there wasn't any "priority" boarding on the tender. As far as debarkation, we did the self assist, and it was based on what deck you were on, not your "status"

Edited by First and Ten

We used FTTF twice with cruises out of Jacksonville. I had asked the same question, and the consensus was that most felt it wasn't needed. I felt we definitely got our money's worth and here's why. We LOVED getting on the ship at around 11:30. I realize that there will be people who tell you they were on the ship shortly afterwards, and didn't have to pay. BUT, did they get to go straight to their rooms and drop off their carry-ons? We did. We dropped off our luggage, changed into our suits and were on the Lido deck enjoying lunch by 12:00. We also used Guest Services quite a bit. There were issues that popped up, and it was awesome not having to wait in any line. Whatsoever! Debarkation was a breeze, and that was also well worth the price. For me, I loved it. If you are traveling with small children, the elderly or disabled, it will be even more worth it.

Fantastic, thank you. What time did you arrive at the port?

There are those that say the same about it not being needed at Charleston, but for us, it's well worth the $50 just for embarkation and room ready on arrival!

I recently cruised out of Jax and did not get FTTF. From the time i parked my car to walking on the ship, it took a total of about 45 mins. There was a separate FTTF line to get thru the XRAY scanners, I would say that saved about 10-15 mins. My room was ready so was able to drop my luggage. There wasn't a separate FTTF line at Guest Services, so people with FTTF had to wait in line with the rest of us commoners (there was a separate Diamond and Platinum Line). We went to Half Moon Cay and required a tender, there wasn't any "priority" boarding on the tender. As far as debarkation, we did the self assist, and it was based on what deck you were on, not your "status"

When I cruised out of Jacksonville, last year on the Fascination, the FTTF people waited in the Diamond and Platinum lines at Guest Services. There was a note left in our cabin reminding us of what our benefits were and how to use them. There is also a designated phone number that FTTF peeps can use to call with any issues, questions or problems. We were also told that if you boarded before 1:00 pm, then you couldn't go to your room early, UNLESS you were FTTF, Diamond, suite or Platinum guests. We consider the first day as one of our days, so always want to board as early as possible. We are mostly unpacked and eating on the Lido deck before most people board. We travel with seniors, so this is an advantage before the crowds come rolling in. But it's a personal preference. For us, it was well worth it.

When I cruised out of Jacksonville, last year on the Fascination, the FTTF people waited in the Diamond and Platinum lines at Guest Services. There was a note left in our cabin reminding us of what our benefits were and how to use them. There is also a designated phone number that FTTF peeps can use to call with any issues, questions or problems. We were also told that if you boarded before 1:00 pm, then you couldn't go to your room early, UNLESS you were FTTF, Diamond, suite or Platinum guests. We consider the first day as one of our days, so always want to board as early as possible. We are mostly unpacked and eating on the Lido deck before most people board. We travel with seniors, so this is an advantage before the crowds come rolling in. But it's a personal preference. For us, it was well worth it.

Cruz, i am glad it was well worth it for you, and for the $50 or $60 FTTF cost, i probably would have done it if it wasn't sold out….My response was to the OP to help make his/her decision easier, so i just relayed my very recent experience. One of the "advantages" of FTTF supposedly is priority tendering. On my ship, we took a tender to HMC and I didn't see a separate line for FTTF/Diamond/Platinum guests (i was on the 2nd tender out). I have heard people say that FTTF gives you priority debarkation, that wasn't the case on my ship….Maybe they handle things differently on different ships, i was just relaying my experience. The first day, i was having lunch with a couple who did get FTTF, they arrived at the port roughly the same time we did and said they loved the FTTF because they were on the boat in just over 30 mins and their cabin was ready. Like i relayed before, it took me about 45 mins from the time i parked my car until the time i walked on the ship, and my cabin was ready as well and i could access it. So overall, on my cruise, if i had gotten the FTTF perk, it would have saved me 10-15 mins during embarkation

Edited by First and Ten