Vista 10 Europe Excursion Help

ReneeFS

Hello!

My friend and I are going on a 10 day cruise from Athens to Barcelona leaving on June 21st. The Carnival excursions are pricey, but I know they guarantee that you get experiences and get back to the cruise. When you get off at each port, are there people offering tours when you get off at each port?

Also, are some of the ports within walking distance of cities? I know that Rome you can take public transportation and in Naples.

Hello!

My friend and I are going on a 10 day cruise from Athens to Barcelona leaving on June 21st. The Carnival excursions are pricey, but I know they guarantee that you get experiences and get back to the cruise. When you get off at each port, are there people offering tours when you get off at each port?

Also, are some of the ports within walking distance of cities? I know that Rome you can take public transportation and in Naples.

Hello neighbor, let me suggest you check the roll call for you sailing. You will find others on your cruise and they will most likely have tours to share which are cheaper and better than those offered by the cruise line. Here is a link to your roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2156610

Hope this helps.

Edited by hbrote

Hello!

I just did the 10 day Vista cruise and did half carnival excursions and half my own.....I would not book at the port. I booked before I left anything that was private and I now know I made great choices. I loved all my tours except one Carnival tour. Let me know if you want some advice. By far, the private tours I arranged or was on were so much better than Carnivals.

I just did the 10 day Vista cruise and did half carnival excursions and half my own.....I would not book at the port. I booked before I left anything that was private and I now know I made great choices. I loved all my tours except one Carnival tour. Let me know if you want some advice. By far, the private tours I arranged or was on were so much better than Carnivals.

I'd be interested in knowing what Carnival excursions you took and the one you didn't like.