Murder Mystery lunch on Gem

Lmoore31

I did it last year so the price may have changed. At that time it was $20 per person. They served a salad, choice on entree (chicken was delicious) and a dessert. This may be different due to the new a la carte pricing got the restaurants. My husband and I thought it was a lot of fun. It lasts about 2-3 hours.

Hi,

Can anyone who has been to this advise on the cost and the menu? It sounds like a fun thing to do on a sea day but with UDP, I am not sure if the cost is worth it or not.

Thank you, Lisa

can you explain what this is for those who are unaware? did someone get murdered on the ship at lunch? :p

We were on a 10 Day on the Gem and I want to say that it was the afternoon of the last sea day, maybe 2nd to last sea day. It was around $25.00 plus the lovely 18%. It was held in LeBistro.

I thought it was cute. Kind of hard to see at times as there was no stage. This show is interactive in comparison to the Wine Musical and I enjoy yelling things out so I was in heaven. :D

I thought it was a set menu like Cirque but there might have been options. I don't remember the food being killer but did note that I didn't feel that there was enough staff for the amount of people in the show. Like people in one half of the dining room would be done with a course and the other half didn't have food. And we waited a long time for drink refills but this kind of had to do with the performance being done in the middle of the restaurant. A server most certainly can't walk through a performance to get me my martini.

Also of note be prepared for shared seating. If that is a deal breaker with you. I believe there were maybe 5 2-seat tables in the entire set up.

The UDP shouldn't apply because it is a lunch. In my opinion, it was worth it to break up a long sea day as the Gem can lack organized activities in the middle of the day.