What Not To Miss When Sailing On The Getaway???

Ssutera

To quiet? Do you mean are they playing music/ have a DJ and party atmosphere? No they do not... When all the jets in the hot tub and pool are going it does get a bit loud with background noise. Not really an area where people are going on though, talking loud and carrying on. It is a great place to lay back enjoy a book and nap.

Think of the room as a large L. You walk in from the starboard side seeing a couple of rows of regular loungers looking out that side. A divider makes for a hallway, Soon as you enter to the right are clean towels/hamper. Along the wall to the left is a station with pitchers of ice water, hot water pot, assorted tea bags and bowls of oranges along with plates. All the way up n turn left. Along this section you see all the thermal heated loungers facing out the forward looking windows There are also regular loungers facing forward as well (two on port several on starboard). To the left will be the hot tub/thermal pool, two saunas (one hi humidity the other dry) the salt room, and the steam room at the end kind of hidden between two aroma showers. All the way at the end is a port window.

Is that the kind of description you were looking for or did I misunderstand the question? If a visual is more helpful then look up NCL Breakaway Spa part 1 on Youtube. They are sister ships and look to have the exact same layout.

Yes, that description helps a lot. It sounds lke it is very similar to the thermal suite on the Jade, a very nice facility, but just not what I'm looking for. I like a more social spa atmosphere, where you can have conversations in a normal tone of voice without feeling rude or out of place. Thanks!

Ropes course, plank, rock wall, pools, and mini golf are all included. Bowling was extra and I didn't see darts anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

the darts are in O Sheehans, i believe by the bar, but if you cant find them, just ask the o sheehans bartender - I think it was like 1.00 per player per game, but a lot of fun - we spend a lot of money at playing darts with friends

I disagree about everyone's love for the Illusionarium. I found it to be nothing more than cliched Vegas stage magic done poorly (one exception was the performer who did the too short routine with the soap bubbles). It is one of only two things I wouldn't do again on the Getaway. The first is the dining package. The food was so damn good everywhere that the dining package just wasn't needed.

Don't miss sitting on the Waterfront and watching the ocean pass by.

Don't miss building memories and stories with your kids.

I agree. We were not fond of the magic show or the food at Illusionarium.

Would love to hear everyone's best suggestions for the Getaway!! Sailing in July and don't want to miss a thing! Sailing with DH and 2 teen boys.

Tell me about your favorite restaurant (we have the SDP and UDP), meal, drink, excursion, activity or anything else that was memorable from your Getaway cruise.

We just got back this week and went with 3 teens and 2 younger kids. The teens loved the upper deck activities (waterslides, ropes course, trampoline, rock wall and mini golf). They loved hanging out with other teens in some of the Entourage activities like dodgeball and video game tournaments but weren't there very much other than that. We didn't have any dining package but tried every complimentary restaurant and liked all of them. We didn't do any excursions through the ship but they really liked the zipline and cave tubing that we did (zipline more than cave tubing) and they LOVED just hanging out at the beach and snorkeling. We bought a decent underwater camera (Olympus Tough) and they took about several hundred pictures of fish and of each other in the water. It was definitely a good purchase.

We personally didn't think most of the entertainment was that great. We enjoyed Million Dollar Quartet and the Illusionarium quite a bit, though not as much as the rave reviews I'd heard on the forums. The comedians were okay but not great and we didn't even go to Burn the Floor because nobody was really interested.

We loved the cruise and were sad to come home. This was the first cruise for all our kids and even though things weren't perfect it was a great week.

There is an amazing lobster roll at the take out counter of Ocean Blue that you can get at lunch time on seas days( 12pm-2pm) .

Very delicious . There is a $10 charge but it is totally worth it.

You'll see a lot of the ship's officers eating here. This venue is a "do not miss" for us.

I love lobster, but I'm from Massachusetts so I have high lobster standards...anyone from New England say these lobster rolls are just as good??? ;-)

If you like sushi, Wasabi was to-die-for! And cheap prices for sushi, too. My husband & i were not fond of Flamingo Grill. I thought the food was flavorless but i didn't have any of the desserts. We loved Illusionarium - both the food and the show were excellent! Everything we had in the MDRs was delicious. We liked the comedians too. We went back so often that we were hearing repeat sets.