Anthem of the Seas - Solo Cruising

I just booked onto the Anthem of the Seas for the December 9th sailing out of Bayonne. Super excited!

I'll be sailing solo in an interior studio. Does anyone know if the virtual view in the studios have the balcony overlay, or are they just a virtual window? I know its a small detail but I was just curious since it is a smaller screen above the bed.

Also, what are some thing I should know about sailing solo on such a large ship. I was solo on the MSC Divina, but she doesn't have that "mega ship" feel. Things to do? I'll be hitting up the gym until then to try and meet the weight limit for RipCord, lol.

Thanks in advance!

Hello - I sailed solo on Anthem in May (studio balcony, so I can't answer your virtual balcony question - I do recall a balcony overlay on one of the interior rooms we visited on our cabin crawl, but that wasn't a studio.)

There were several solo travelers on my roll call. We did plan a few specialty dinners in advance (meeting onboard day 1 to finalize reservations), but I know that others met on board/at the Meet & Mingle and planned dinners together as well. Meeting people at the Sailaway and Meet & Mingle made it easier over the week to recognize people and chat when we ran into each other.

I personally did not eat at any of the complimentary restaurants for dinner, so I can't tell you first hand how that went. I also personally do not have a problem eating alone. I do know that one cruiser didn't have dinner reservations and they were told to come back at 9 if they wanted to eat at the restaurants. Furthermore, I was also told that another solo cruiser was always seated alone.

Royal has a few solo activities - first sea day morning coffee and solo lunches on sea days. I did not attend the first day coffee (too close to Meet & Mingle), but did have lunch on 2 of the sea days. You meet at the Bionic Bar at noon - there is a Royal employee there, but it isn't necessarily noticeable. On each day, the lunch was at Chic (different lunch menu each day) and the Royal employee ate with us. First day was 6 solos, 2nd day was 4.

One of the greatest features of Anthem is the beautiful Solarium and one of the best features of solo travel is only needing one lounge chair! I never had a problem finding a chair!! Oh, how I wish I were still there.

Hope you have a great trip! I really loved my time on Anthem and have planned another trip on her next year.

I just booked onto the Anthem of the Seas for the December 9th sailing out of Bayonne. Super excited!

I'll be sailing solo in an interior studio. Does anyone know if the virtual view in the studios have the balcony overlay, or are they just a virtual window? I know its a small detail but I was just curious since it is a smaller screen above the bed.

Also, what are some thing I should know about sailing solo on such a large ship. I was solo on the MSC Divina, but she doesn't have that "mega ship" feel. Things to do? I'll be hitting up the gym until then to try and meet the weight limit for RipCord, lol.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Magiccruiser... Full solo review with pics of interior studio (incl Virtual balcony) from my Dec2014 sailing on Quantum. Should give you a decent idea even though it's not Anthem. Click the "Quantum review" link in my signature below.

You're going to have a great time! :D

Hey Magiccruiser... Full solo review with pics of interior studio (incl Virtual balcony) from my Dec2014 sailing on Quantum. Should give you a decent idea even though it's not Anthem. Click the "Quantum review" link in my signature below.

You're going to have a great time! :D

Been reading it, thank you!!!