Muster Drill With Kids

Cruise Arizona

On Infiinity, I have bits and pieces of how the muster procedure works for kids.

They get wrist band when they board for Identification purposes and safety.

Do parents get a band also?

Will we all be assigned a specific muster station?

On Mercury we gathered in the theater before going to our muster station, but kids had a different procedure, do parents then have a different procedure also.

No big deal really, just would like to review with kids before we leave for trip.l

Suzanne...the kids are given plastic color coded wristbands which they must wear all the time. They have the muster station code printed on them. If there is ever an emergency and your kids are NOT with you then they are brought to their muster station (one printed on wrist band). For example, your kids are in the playroom or with the counselors and there is an emergency they are brought to your muster station and you will meet them there. Do not go looking for them, nor return to your stateroom to get their life jackets. Life jackets will be provided for them. There will be someone to stay with young children until their parents arrive at the muster station.

Parents do not get wristbands. Yes, you are assigned a muster station. It is printed on the card on your stateroom door.

This is how it was explained to us on Zenith. Thankfully, we have never had to put it into actual practice. But it's good to know and rehearse with the kids.

We have been on the Century and Connie with our kids and that is the way it was explained to us.

One night, one of my daughters took her band off. She got a new one the next day when she went to the Fun Factory.

I am with you, it sounds good on paper and lets hope we never have to see how it works in real life.

HAL uses the same procedure and we felt extremely comfortable knowing that she was "supposed" to have some with the muster info and would make sure :confused: she got there. Dd wore hers as an ankle bracelet instead of bracelet and thought she was the coolest kid on the ship :)

I posted this question over on the fashion board.

How do you diguise the bracelet with-out distroying it or disfiguring it on formal nights.

I guess the ankle bracelet would be less obvious, but how do you get on Hose?

I doubt that children would be wearing hose. Am I wrong in assuming that? Adults don't have the bracelet, only children.

The older kids can chose where they want it put. I have seen them on ankles and wrists. They are the type that have to be cut off. Parents do not get any. The colour depends on the line and muster station so the kids can not ask for pink or green. I have seen one girl wear one that come off because it was on a leather band ( the child is allergic to the regular band). I have also seen one where it had brille on it (the child mother was blind.) If you child is allergic to plastic or latex then contact the cruiseline immediately and tell them she/he needs a spical braclet so the hers/his is made up special.

Archived