ESCAPE PG-13 Review May 2016

netchik

We loved our trip, had so much fun each day. I like the Caribbean destinations Escape goes to now, but I think I like the Getaway ship better.

[YOUTUBE]92aQIghG_2U[/YOUTUBE]

Thank you so much for your review, I truly ejoyed reading it. I have sailed RCI 3 times (4TH is this November on Harmony) however we just booked our first NCL on the Getaway for 2017. It seemed like you had a fabulous vacation, so to say you liked Getaway better makes me even more excited.

Quick question, is this video on YouTube by chance? I would love to be able to watch it on our TV with DH and DS-B7.

Edited by NECruiser83

Thank you so much for your review, I truly ejoyed reading it. I have sailed RCI 3 times (4TH is this November on Harmony) however we just booked our first NCL on the Getaway for 2017. It seemed like you had a fabulous vacation, so to say you liked Getaway better makes me even more excited.

Quick question, is this video on YouTube by chance? I would love to be able to watch it on our TV with DH and DS-B7.

Thanks for the gracious feedback. You will all have so much fun on the Getaway. Yes, all videos are linked from YouTube. You can search in YouTube for 'netchik escape' and see them. If you have troubles let me know. Have fun on your cruises! We were thinking about trying RCI, I haven't done enough research yet to see how the kid's program stacks-up.

Thanks for the great review, detailed enough to help me with planning our Escape cruise on July 16 and short enough to be interesting start to finish. It will be our first cruise on a "mega-ship" and we have some misgivings about crowds, etc and as we are both 70 we probably won't spend much time on the rope torture but we are looking forward to the cruise! Especially appreciated the tips on extra tipping for UBP and iConcierge.

Thanks for the gracious feedback. You will all have so much fun on the Getaway. Yes, all videos are linked from YouTube. You can search in YouTube for 'netchik escape' and see them. If you have troubles let me know. Have fun on your cruises! We were thinking about trying RCI, I haven't done enough research yet to see how the kid's program stacks-up.

Thanks, can't wait to watch them tonight! I think you will be very pleased with kids program on RCL, from what I am reading about NCL, they are very similar!

Thanks for the great review, detailed enough to help me with planning our Escape cruise on July 16 and short enough to be interesting start to finish. It will be our first cruise on a "mega-ship" and we have some misgivings about crowds, etc and as we are both 70 we probably won't spend much time on the rope torture but we are looking forward to the cruise! Especially appreciated the tips on extra tipping for UBP and iConcierge.

Thank you, BAMA_BOY! LOL, the ropes were pretty close to that! The thermal suite spa and waterfront are great places to get away from the crowds. Have a good time!

iConcierge:

5 of us in our group of 7 purchased the iConcierge app service to stay connected. We were able to text and/or call each other anytime and used it all the time to inform each other where we were, of upcoming plans, and delays. It can also be used to see availability at shows & restaurants, book them, and keep an eye on the bill. A couple of changes I noted from last year's use of the same service; All restaurant menus on the Getaway were available on the app, though no Escape menus were on the app this year. There were quite a few times I would have loved to see the menus. Instead we hoofed it to the restaurants we wanted to look at, only to find places like Cagney's and Moderno not having a menu out in public view and it was too early for any staff to be around ... so we made a few trips to get a peek at menus. The phone portion of the app worked flawlessly for 4 of us, while last year we could not get it to work at all. The 5th in our group went to the iConcierge desk for support after Day 3 because he could hear but no one could hear him. It was a quick fix in his phone's Settings and it worked like a charm from then on.

I'm enjoying your review!

What is the cost of the iConcierge app? Is it a per day fee or one-time charge?

Thank you

Rachel

iConcierge:

5 of us in our group of 7 purchased the iConcierge app service to stay connected. We were able to text and/or call each other anytime and used it all the time to inform each other where we were, of upcoming plans, and delays. It can also be used to see availability at shows & restaurants, book them, and keep an eye on the bill. A couple of changes I noted from last year's use of the same service; All restaurant menus on the Getaway were available on the app, though no Escape menus were on the app this year. There were quite a few times I would have loved to see the menus. Instead we hoofed it to the restaurants we wanted to look at, only to find places like Cagney's and Moderno not having a menu out in public view and it was too early for any staff to be around ... so we made a few trips to get a peek at menus. The phone portion of the app worked flawlessly for 4 of us, while last year we could not get it to work at all. The 5th in our group went to the iConcierge desk for support after Day 3 because he could hear but no one could hear him. It was a quick fix in his phone's Settings and it worked like a charm from then on.

I'm enjoying your review!

What is the cost of the iConcierge app? Is it a per day fee or one-time charge?

Thank you

Rachel

Thanks so much. The iConcierge app was a one-time activation fee of $9.99. Load the app to your phone before you board then once on board you activate it and the cost goes to your room bill.

• 3 weeks later...
Fabulous review - thanks so much for all the information. Where did you get the 2 for 1 coupons for the dolphin swim?

Thanks again!

Thank you! At the time we were researching dolphin swim excursions, Blue Lagoon had a page on their website for discounts good through the month preceeding our cruise. I just looked and the discount page is no longer there and the best I could find was a 10% off coupon on their FB page. Best thing to do is bookmark the excursion websites/FB pages and every so often check for coupons and Google for online discount coupon codes. Hope you find a great deal! :)