Where to Purchase some Vino @ The Bayonne Port, NJ

cruise47

There is a shopping mall with a Walmart by the port .

There are no stores or shops of any kind within walking didtance of the Cape Liberty Cruise Port

New Jersey, no alcohol at all at Walmart. Must shop Liquor stores, no gas stations.

Stay at the 2 upscale strip malls in Bayonne near the Cape Liberty Cruise Port. Please don't go local, you don't need the excitement! The mall with the Wendy's / Dunkin Donuts is where I go. Worst Dunkin Donuts in the world, just sayin.

26807554590_5a74371681_b.jpg

CaptDave

Edited by captdave

If you are taking a cab from the airport, when they exit at 14A on the turnpike, there are several liquor stores on Broadway in Bayonne that you could stop at. Just do a Google search.

Is there any where near the cruise port to purchase some vino for our New England cruise? Thanks for any suggestion. We are flying into the Newark Airport from Virginia.

There are duty free shops at the airport. You might check and see if any sell wine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just some background - the question has been asked many times on this forum and no one has ever offered an easy, inexpensive solution for carless folks to buy wine. I'm pretty sure that at some point we researched buying it at the airport and found no solution there.

If you must have wine, wrap it in bubble wrap, put it in a giant zip lock bag, and bring it with you in your checked luggage. My daughter always takes beer back to Oregon this way and has never had issues.

I may be wrong, but my understanding is you can only purchase from a duty free shop if you are flying internationally, is that correct??

That could be. Seen the shops but never inquired.

Just some background - the question has been asked many times on this forum and no one has ever offered an easy, inexpensive solution for carless folks to buy wine. I'm pretty sure that at some point we researched buying it at the airport and found no solution there.

If you must have wine, wrap it in bubble wrap, put it in a giant zip lock bag, and bring it with you in your checked luggage. My daughter always takes beer back to Oregon this way and has never had issues.

I guess the only real solution is to arrive a day early if from out of the area. Which is prudent. Too much can go wrong coming by air or any distance. I always do that every cruise. I will be leaving from Bayonne this Sunday. I will be in New Jersey on Saturday. Wine in the luggage is not a great idea. I know people who tried that. Wine all over their clothes.

Edited by Charles4515

Bridgeview Discount Liquors

(201) 339 6001

300 Route 440 South

Bayonne NJ

Right out near the turn to go into the port. There's a big shopping center also close to the port with a Walmart but no liquor in the Walmart.

If your taking a taxi from the airport stop at the liquor store. It's close to the port.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app