Oasis Traditional Dining Waitlist Confusion

After 5 or so (very confusing and frustrating) separate phone calls this week and Royal's online booking system not showing the available 8:30 traditional waitlist, I've finally got all 4 cabins in my group on the waitlist on Oasis in January. Now my question is, does anyone have any experience with being on the waitlist on Oasis? Just wondering if I should expect to get into the time I want. I've never been on this class, but have been on waitlists for freedom class (but never for more than a week or so after getting on the list). I've been on the waitlist since I booked about 2 months ago, we are sailing in January. My brother who is traveling with us said Royal Caribbean told him that "spots should be opening up soon in 8:30 traditional" but I'm wondering how they even know this, doesn't it depend on whether or not people switch to another dining preference? I've got a group of 7 and I have strict dietary restrictions and I just really really feel more comfortable with a consistent time and waitstaff every night!

Here is my rough summary of the past week if anyone's interested in some complaining (ha! :p): I've never had any problems with reservations in the past, but this last week of dealing with Royal Caribbean over the phone has been a mess. When I tried to get two more cabins on the waitlist with us, I had one rep. tell me that the previous rep. I talked to (a month ago) gave me the wrong information and that my friend's cabin was not put on the waitlist when I had asked. She told me that "the cabins are only linked for dinner" and each cabin would have to have someone call individually to get on the waitlist. I've planned several large group trips before and I've never had a problem calling on behalf of another cabin as long as I gave the correct reservation number and names. I had all of them call separately. Surprise! First cabin was in fact already on the waitlist as I was told originally when I first called a month ago. Second person called for the next cabin, he was told to call back the next day and was forwarded to "the kitchen department" to make his change. He called again today just to confirm because he was very confused by this, as was the rep. he spoke to when he explained his confusion. The final cabin called today and was also put on the waitlist (and the woman he spoke to was even going to try to get him right in the 8:30 dining, but she had no luck and put him on the waitlist as requested). This all could have been avoided if the waitlist showed when the cabins were booked in the first place, or if clicking modify on the existing reservations' dining preferences even worked. When I do that it just shows "8:30 Traditional Dining WAITLIST ONLY" but is unclickable. Previously, when I would call, whoever I spoke to would look through my reservation and confirm that my linked cabins were all set for dinner together, even if I was just calling to change something like my cabin number! What gives?! I did send a much more detailed email to Royal Caribbean about my issues with this as I've never had problems like this with them in the past.

Anyway, rant over, but I'm really hoping everything is set now and I can enjoy my first cruise on Oasis Class. Two people traveling with us are first-time cruisers and I'm hoping they have a great time with us too! :D

We were initially on the waitlist for our August Oasis sailing, though for the early seating. I think we were taken off the waitlist approximately two months ago? We've been on the waitlist numerous times, and have never NOT been placed in our desired seating time. Hopefully, you won't have a problem.

When I booked Oasis for Nov 2016 (booked about a year ago) - there was still some confusion about dynamic dining. I think people were prevented from indicating a dining preference, in the event the ship went to dynamic.

Then when dynamic didn't fly, new bookings were allowed to pick early/late, but existing bookings showed as waitlisted, although my TA was able to book us on early, we eventually switched it over to MTD.

My guess is that there is a "toggle" in the system that hasn't been flicked showing true availability of traditional dining. My guess is that when 90 days hit (or whatever the magic # is) all the waitlists will be cleared.

Just a theory though.

I've heard of people being waitlisted for early, but never people being waitlisted for late dining.

When I booked Oasis for Nov 2016 (booked about a year ago) - there was still some confusion about dynamic dining. I think people were prevented from indicating a dining preference, in the event the ship went to dynamic.

Then when dynamic didn't fly, new bookings were allowed to pick early/late, but existing bookings showed as waitlisted, although my TA was able to book us on early, we eventually switched it over to MTD.

My guess is that there is a "toggle" in the system that hasn't been flicked showing true availability of traditional dining. My guess is that when 90 days hit (or whatever the magic # is) all the waitlists will be cleared.

Just a theory though.

I've heard of people being waitlisted for early, but never people being waitlisted for late dining.

This must be the case. As of today, the 6pm has changed from full to waitlist only and the 8:30 is totally open. I had read a lot about the dynamic dining changes before originally posting, but since I booked after this all had changed I assumed I wouldn't be affected by it, but now that it all suddenly opened up it completely makes sense.

Thanks for the responses everyone, like I said I had never been on the waitlist for very long for the late seating before so I was getting a little confused with everything not working on top of that.