Legend question-Alaska cruise

lynnw68

We went last July 2015 to Alaska, We had a balcony room and the room has heat and air, so you can adjust to your liking, We took hoodies that was sufficient most of the time, and waterproof shell jacket, as it will drizzle in some ports or if you are near the glaciers. The temps last July was between 60 and 70 degrees.

Just returned from the Legend.

The cabins heat up quicker then they cool down. They were comfortable for us and you definitely won't have an issue staying warm.

A really nice feature of this ship is that the whole mid-ship pool has an atrium roof (probably 100ft or more). If closed the area is very comfortable to enjoy.

Just returned from the Legend.

The cabins heat up quicker then they cool down. They were comfortable for us and you definitely won't have an issue staying warm.

A really nice feature of this ship is that the whole mid-ship pool has an atrium roof (probably 100ft or more). If closed the area is very comfortable to enjoy.

My son is going to enjoy this. We'll be on her soon.

We'll be on the Legend in two weeks. Does anyone know if you can request (from the room steward) a foam pad for the mattress? I like a softer bed. [emoji4] Or extra blankets?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just got off The Legend two days ago. We were in Vista Suite 6260 at the back of the ship. We thought the cabin was cold and called maintenance twice to heat things up. Helped some. We are from the South and like things warm. Got used to it but would advise to take warm clothes. You can ask for an extra blanket.

The other people in our group in five other cabins had no complaints but like things cooler than we did.

Other than that, fantastic cruise that was off the freaking charts.

Gloves, hoods, multiple layers of windproof/waterproof jackets were required to be outside especially around the glaciers. You want to be outside as much as possible.

Carnival was doing a booming business selling people jackets, gloves etc.

We'll be on the Legend in two weeks. Does anyone know if you can request (from the room steward) a foam pad for the mattress? I like a softer bed. [emoji4] Or extra blankets?

Know you can request an extra blanket. Our bed was very soft and about perfect so did not need to request anything extra.

We got off two days ago and were in a suite.

We also just got off the Legend on the 7th. Great weather, but cold on the balcony. We kept the drapes open all day. Our room was really cold. They came to check on it and to adjust the heat, it helped some. But they also told us, that if we kept the drapes closed it would stay warmer. Tough choice. We chose the view. I walked around the cabin in the robe they kindly provided for us. Inside the ship was nicely warm however. Sometimes to warm. :rolleyes:

I thought I have read the no longer have egg crate mattresses, one room steward offered an extra duvet between sheets. Extra blankets for the asking. I always bring a fleece blanket for the airplane, and really helps next to me under sheets.