Kudos for the CC fashionistas!

pennstater

OK - I don't usually get this sappy, but I'm putting a big virtual hug out there to the great people on the CC fashion boards.

Since booking my first big-ship cruise several months ago, I've had a couple of disappointing changes made to the cruise (one, the elimination of Grenada from the itinerary, was rectified, but the other, the loss of Cirque du Soleil, is still hard to stomach as this was the reason we chose a cruise vacation this year) and have dealt with a serious ankle injury. Needless to say, it hasn't been the most relaxing vacation planning I've ever had.

While some other boards were less than sympathetic re: my disappointment over the changes made by the cruise line, I have always been able to check out the fashion boards for fun, interesting, and helpful information. I've never had a fear of getting burned by flames here!

You have all made my vacation planning fun again. I have resources for elegant flats for formal night, web sales for cruise shopping from my living room sofa, beauty tips to experiment with, and most of all, a way to get excited about my vacation again.

You all deserve some praise...Thanks so much!

Pennstater,

Thanks for the lovely message. Sorry to hear about your ankle and hope it heals quickly. Don't worry about the missed ports or the Cirque de Soleil, you're going to have a great time!

BTW, what year are you in at Penn State? My niece is a sophmore.

Jane

Sounds like you really deserve some relaxation, and I hope that is what you will get exactly that!

Sorry to hear about the changes regarding Cirque de Soliel.

Best wishes on your ankle. I know that the healing process can get frustrating, but I am so very glad you found some flats that you will ejoy!

Be sure to tell us all about it when you get back!

~e

mrsmoose, jane, and mrsred - thanks for the well-wishes! I'll be sure to post some of my great finds (thanks to all your helpful suggestions.) It really is nice to have a spot where I can forget my daily, inconsequential worries.

jane - I graduated in '99 but will always be a Pennstater (thanks, in part, to marrying into the biggest of Penn State families--both sets of my DH's grandparents are Pennstaters--including grandpa who was captain of the '42 football team.) We visit PSU often to visit friends and family and, of course, football games! We'll be there the next 2 weekends--my first game since my ankle injury--so exciting! Much luck to your niece--I hope she enjoys her time there as much as I did. :)

Archived