First time going as a independent

Hi all!!!

So I will start off with a little history about me. I'm Kevin from East TN, currently 27 years old. Me and my wife will be going on our first cruise together leaving on June 19th. We will be on the Allure of the seas.

I have been on 11 or 12 different cruises throughout my life, but not on one since I graduated from high school back in 2007, and this will be my wife's first cruise. We are both very excited.

Ok so now for the reason I'm writing this post. This will be my first time going on a cruise as a independent on all the other cruises I was with my parents. So what I'm trying to figure out is that I have everything I need for the cruise for me and my wife. As a kid all I had to do was pack for the cruise and be in the car when it left, haha. Now as a adult and also taking someone on there first cruise the roles have changed.

Please help me be sure I have everything covered so we can make this a wonderful vacation.

Please link any forums or checklists that you have used in the past.

thanks,

Hi all!!!

So I will start off with a little history about me. I'm Kevin from East TN, currently 27 years old. Me and my wife will be going on our first cruise together leaving on June 19th. We will be on the Allure of the seas.

I have been on 11 or 12 different cruises throughout my life, but not on one since I graduated from high school back in 2007, and this will be my wife's first cruise. We are both very excited.

Ok so now for the reason I'm writing this post. This will be my first time going on a cruise as a independent on all the other cruises I was with my parents. So what I'm trying to figure out is that I have everything I need for the cruise for me and my wife. As a kid all I had to do was pack for the cruise and be in the car when it left, haha. Now as a adult and also taking someone on there first cruise the roles have changed.

Please help me be sure I have everything covered so we can make this a wonderful vacation.

Please link any forums or checklists that you have used in the past.

thanks,

The most important things are acceptable ID (Passport, Passport card, official birth certificate) and money (cash, credit card, debit card). The rest is just "stuff". Advice is to take twice the money and half the stuff!

Where are you going?

Here is our Sailing Itinerary

19-Jun Fort Lauderdale, Florida 4:30 PM

20-Jun Cruising

21-Jun Cozumel, Mexico 7:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked

22-Jun Cruising

23-Jun Falmouth, Jamaica 7:00 AM 4:00 PM Docked

24-Jun Labadee, Haiti 9:30 AM 6:00 PM Docked

25-Jun Cruising

26-Jun Fort Lauderdale, Florida 6:15 AM

The most important things are acceptable ID (Passport, Passport card, official birth certificate) and money (cash, credit card, debit card). The rest is just "stuff". Advice is to take twice the money and half the stuff!

How much cash do you typically have on hand for a 7 day cruise? All my specialty meals, tips, packages have been paid in advance.

I will use my credit card for all things on the cruise, but any recommendations for what I might need off the cruise?

You might also want to ask your mother since it seems she did a good job of packing, etc. for you as a kid.

She'll probably remind you to take ample clean undies. :D

For Labadee it would be a good idea to have water shoes... lovely but rather rocky in the water there. ;)

Look forward to having a great cruise! :)

How much cash do you typically have on hand for a 7 day cruise? All my specialty meals, tips, packages have been paid in advance.

I will use my credit card for all things on the cruise, but any recommendations for what I might need off the cruise?

I probably take more cash than most folks. I travel solo and I like to be sure I have real money when I go off the ship since I'm usually on private excursions that have to be paid for in cash plus cash tips. The nice thing about the Caribbean is that you don't need foreign currency. I take several hundred+ dollars including lots of ones and fives and it goes right into the safe. I don't like to leave the ship without ample money to get myself back to the ship. Typically taxis and market vendors don't take credit/debit cards and there is no Uber.

I probably take more cash than most folks. I travel solo and I like to be sure I have real money when I go off the ship since I'm usually on private excursions that have to be paid for in cash plus cash tips. The nice thing about the Caribbean is that you don't need foreign currency. I take several hundred+ dollars including lots of ones and fives and it goes right into the safe. I don't like to leave the ship without ample money to get myself back to the ship. Typically taxis and market vendors don't take credit/debit cards and there is no Uber.

That sounds about right to me! I always take around $100 - $200 for just me and of that I take at least $50 in ones.

Have a fantastic voyage!

Happily, you don't need to take a large wad on $1.00 bills with you. The purser's desk (guest services) will break down your larger bills for you.:)

You may want to take more than $200 in cash with you for 7 days. ;)