Parking or shuttle ride

Irishgrl73

Urrrr, a more precise/generalized location of the Jersey shores would be beneficial along that 50 to 70 miles stretch off the GSP, presumably. ;)

Any where really since I don't mind driving any where along GSP? I am at Exit 82 but have family all over the area into middlesex county.

Were going NCL Breakaway in November out of New York. Looking to see if there are any other more affordable parking options or affordable shuttle from Jersey shore area. We will be traveling with 3 adults and 1 child.

You might want to check this out to see if the current rates woud apply for Nov - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2363559

If the above doesn't work, you can drive to Port Imperial and pay $16/day to park ($112) plus $9/pp for adults and $6/pp for a child 5-12 each way ($66) to ride the ferry to 39th St where you can walk up to the terminal or take their free bus almost to the terminal.

Any where really since I don't mind driving any where along GSP? I am at Exit 82 but have family all over the area into middlesex county.

Academy Bus an option (under "shuttle services") that you've considered ?? It's mainly for the weekday commuter but from Ocean Grove & Asbury Park, they have weekend services to NY Port Authority Bus Terminal - trip time is about 2 hours, 7 AM departure would get you in around 9 AM and 8 AM would be for 10 AM - then, it's a short taxi ride over to Pier 88 (if you pack/travel light - 3 suitcases & smaller hand luggage will all squeeze into taxi's trunk.)

Pier 83's (Cirlce Line) discounted parking is news but their capacity is 300 vehicles so I can see them being full or not accepting overnight/long-term parking if words get out & their short-term parking patrons are kept away - price is definitely nice as reported in the other thread for 7 nights - easily walkable without crossing over 12th Avenue ... still, need to add the tunnel/bridge toll to come up with the final costs.

Otherwise, as 183east/Carol suggested, ferry terminal parking across the Hudson @ Port Imperial would be a reliable option.

Last but not least, GSP exit 82 isn't too bad - maybe 75 minutes on a Sunday morning, have family/friend do a short drive, drop you off (or at Imperial Ferry terminal) & bring them a gift from the cruise/reimburse the driver for fuel/mileage & parkway toll.