30 Year Anniversary Vow Renewal - Suggestions

nickens4

Hi, I am planning our cruise in October and we will be on the Dream. How fitting. I was hoping for some suggestion here and hope its okay. This cruise will be celebrating our 30th Wedding Anniversary and I was wanting to do a vow renewal. I didn't want to go through Carnival and lay down money for this as I would rather spend it in other places on board the ship and on excursions.

I was going to make a few intimate plans on our own. I was thinking that on one of the formal nights we could take tons of pictures, have dinner and find an quiet spot to ourselves somewhere on the ship to exchange a few words with each other...haha I haven't told hubby yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to add to this very special celebration?

I'm kinda in the same boat as you only I'll be on The Fantasy and it'll be our 21st Anniversary lol.

We didn't have a real honeymoon and this will be our first real vacation together and I am looking for suggestions as well.

I'm kinda in the same boat as you only I'll be on The Fantasy and it'll be our 21st Anniversary lol

We didn't have a real honeymoon and this will be our first real vacation together and I am looking for suggestions as well.

Im assuming this is your first cruise, sorry if I'm wrong. Have you discovered that there are tons of places to have the photographers take pictures. They do it with themes. I have never participated. They have anything from beach themes to elegant themes and I would guess somewhere around 10 stations to take pictures. These are all on the nights of the dinner and maybe the most stations are for the formal night. Thats when I figured we would celebrate.

Congrats on finally treating yourself and Happy Anniversary!

You mentioned the photographers and I'd certainly use them for a good anniversary photo. I don't know what you plan to wear on elegant night, but if you dressed up a bit, the pictures would turn out pretty nice. I'd hit every station I could and pick the very best photo out of the bunch. That would be our anniversary gift to each other.

I was clothes shopping just last night online that is :D Thanks

Order a cake from Bon Voyage. You could have them write Will you Marry me Again on it. They are very tasty!

Get corsages from the florist on board elegant night for pics.

Take and save a bottle of champagne for the special night.

Go into the chapel with friends and state your vows to one another. If you have a pastor or notary friend see if they're interested in going to make it more official.

Tell the room steward and s(he) will do something for you I'm sure.

Speak to the Maitre d' and maybe ask him if you can propose during dinner or maybe you husband can do this part.

Congrats!

My husband is a pastor and on our very first cruise he performed a renewal of vows ceremony for a couple we met on the roll call. It was done on the back of the ship overlooking the wake on a Sunday morning. The couple's daughters and a couple of people we met on the roll call attended. After the ceremony we all went to breakfast together in the main dining room.

I think it made for a special day and would highly recommend it if you could arrange it. Also would note that the couple placed some onboard credit on our account as a thank you. It was totally unnecessary, but a very kind gesture.

My husband is a pastor and on our very first cruise he performed a renewal of vows ceremony for a couple we met on the roll call. It was done on the back of the ship overlooking the wake on a Sunday morning. The couple's daughters and a couple of people we met on the roll call attended. After the ceremony we all went to breakfast together in the main dining room.

I think it made for a special day and would highly recommend it if you could arrange it. Also would note that the couple placed some onboard credit on our account as a thank you. It was totally unnecessary, but a very kind gesture.

What a sweet way to do this. It will make it laid back and easy. Thank you so much!!!!!

Edited by nickens4

- You can hire a photographer for a special sitting. It doesn't need to be one of the already set up picture stands. They will come somewhere on the ship and do photos for you. So if you are really interested in catching the special moment on film you could set that up.

- If you want to just go and do it privately decide on a time of day. Like Sunrise, get up early and go up on deck, watch the sunrise together and say your vows. Alternatively same thing for Sunset.

- Bring along some props like electric tea lights and nice votive holders so if you do it in the evening you can use those for ambience.

-Heck could go ashore at one of you destinations find a relatively deserted beach (I'm sure most islands have a few quieter ones if you are willing to cab) and do it there.

-Check out your destinations, maybe there is a really neat place to go rather than a beach like a waterfall, a fort or depending on your stops an ancient heritage site (ruins can be very beautiful).

-What about doing a private boat tour. Some destinations you can do a champagne cruise on a private yacht. Renew your vows on the smaller deck. Let them know ahead of time and I'm sure you can work out something very special with them.

-One last crazy idea. Use all the locations. Plan out some short simple vows (something you can memorize). Than pick 30 places to say them. Top Deck at Sun Rise, Front of the ship, Back of the ship, ashore on a beach, on the pier with the ship in the back ground and so on. Use your camera to take a selfie or timed photo for each one. When you get home you can make a photo book showing each of the 30 places you renewed!

Have a fabulous time!!

-One last crazy idea. Use all the locations. Plan out some short simple vows (something you can memorize). Than pick 30 places to say them. Top Deck at Sun Rise, Front of the ship, Back of the ship, ashore on a beach, on the pier with the ship in the back ground and so on. Use your camera to take a selfie or timed photo for each one. When you get home you can make a photo book showing each of the 30 places you renewed!

Have a fabulous time!!

What a fun idea!!!!!!!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I am so excited. ;)