Discovery

I never saw anyone in the Main Dining Rooms in shorts in the evenings (didn't use Islands at all at night so there might have been some there) and in all honesty, I thought the standard of dress around the ship was good - only saw one person in jeans and that was on the "Dress to Impress" evening.

To be honest I have never had a problem and find we get on with most cruisers, everyone is an individual, its just the perception people seem to have that Thomson is second class similar to the holiday camp, but its no longer the cheap alternative to the 'big' lines, you

can probably tell that we just love the Thomson experience & I personally think part of that experience is the type of cruisers on board. Yes we did go to Pontins in the 60s & our children still have good memories of it.

My experience of Thomson, based on 4 previous cruises, is that generally it has been overpriced, but with a good, friendly atmosphere. I have experienced the Neanderthal, tattooed people and that is something that I have not seen on Celebrity or P&O. That said, we have only had what I would call one bad cruise with Thomson (majesty), the others have been more than acceptable. We are booked on discovery and looking forward to it, also, we are going, as always, with an open mind. It is our 50th so it is a bit of a celebration. For the price paid, we could have gone in any cruise line, but we chose Thomson. Speaks volumes?

Hope you have a great anniversary shot2bits we certainly did 2 years ago, when do you go, if you don't mind me asking.

We're off on the 23rd of next month, our anniversary is the 20th! It's been a bad year one way and another, Mrs S2B has suffered a bit so I've lashed out and booked a JS. Just hope the extra cost will be justified. Going with Thomson is like putting on an old pair of slippers, comfortable and familiar, or have I have one too many Chivas Regals?

Good luck to you both I am certain you will have a memorable cruise, we saw our anniversary in at midnight and the group announced it and played a selection of songs for us, fantastic, we found a few years ago how precious life is so are doing the modern thing, think they call it ' skiing ' spending kids inheritance😁 we have also booked a js for Sep next year so you will have to report back on how they are 😉 have a good one

I will certainly report back. Thanks for your kind comments, much appreciated. Looking forward to the cruise now. Being ex RC I have high expectations of the ship and having read the review elsewhere on here it sounds like we will like it. Once again, as with every other cruise we have done, going with an open mind. Only down side is, as Mrs S2B can't drink alcahol, I have to drink double. Oh well, I'll just have to man up!